Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Hi guys, i also experienced BSOD before, well exactly a clock interrupt error but just want to share here hoping that i may help at least a few.

i recently upgraded, well almost everything, then it constantly restarts, try out a few things, sometimes its ok, build it then it restarts again, etc.
    my rig restarts just seconds after getting inside windows, i removed most things to eliminate factors.

then i found out, when i have the built-in gpu driver installed, it restarts, but when i remove the driver everything is ok.
    since i dont intend to use the built-in gpu, i just installed my 560ti now im having no issues, even overclocked to 4.5ghz.

so its worth a try, those who are using the sandy gpu, try to uninstall the driver, maybe use a newer driver(i tried the drivers back then, no use).

hope this helps some.

the only gripe i have now is that the chipset cooler gets way too hot, had to put spotcool to cool it down, other than that no more issues for me

Quote Originally Posted by Cons29 View Post
    Hi guys, i also experienced BSOD before, well exactly a clock interrupt error but just want to share here hoping that i may help at least a few.

i recently upgraded, well almost everything, then it constantly restarts, try out a few things, sometimes its ok, build it then it restarts again, etc.
    my rig restarts just seconds after getting inside windows, i removed most things to eliminate factors.

then i found out, when i have the built-in gpu driver installed, it restarts, but when i remove the driver everything is ok.
    since i dont intend to use the built-in gpu, i just installed my 560ti now im having no issues, even overclocked to 4.5ghz.

so its worth a try, those who are using the sandy gpu, try to uninstall the driver, maybe use a newer driver(i tried the drivers back then, no use).

hope this helps some.

the only gripe i have now is that the chipset cooler gets way too hot, had to put spotcool to cool it down, other than that no more issues for me

Yep, I'm thinking that there may be something there, too. I bought three of these boards for work (ASRock never again, as they don't do advanced RMA), and I'm the only one out of all three that is having problems, AND driving two monitors from the on-die. Going to put my old ATI 4850 back in, hook up two monitors to it, add the third to the on-die, and see what happens.

When I look at my minidump I see "igdkmd64.sys" as causing driver, which points to the iGPU, too.
    But it is not really an Option to use another GPU, because it is one of the main features of the board to OC AND to use the sandybridge GPU. And I have all new drivers installed.

And @copystuff:
    Do you think it is more than a software problem that could be solved?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakilando View Post
    When I look at my minidump I see "igdkmd64.sys" as causing driver, which points to the iGPU, too.
    But it is not really an Option to use another GPU, because it is one of the main features of the board to OC AND to use the sandybridge GPU. And I have all new drivers installed.

And @copystuff:

What driver version are you using ?

try this one

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...adType=Drivers

Its hard to say personaly i think its a design error as when i used my Asus z68 with Igpu it was running stock vcore and never restarted on its own.
    Last edited by copystuff; 09-22-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
    I've now changed the CPU voltage back to Auto (and enabled Power Saving mode) - I'll leave it like this until I get another BSD. (checking CPU-Z Core Voltage right now - and it's fluctuates between 0.952 & 1.008 with virtually nothing running).
    So, I've been running with everything on Auto (but with memory profile set to "XMP 1.2: profile 1") - and just got another 101 BSD. I'm now going to go back to core offset mode and +0.07, and I'll leave it like that until the next BSD.
    Last edited by AdrianW; 09-22-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copystuff View Post
    What driver version are you using ?

try this one

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...adType=Drivers
    I use Version 15.22.50.64.2509 but I can't klick your link... I am not at home until Sunday, so I can't test the board now.
    Do you really think another Brand would be better?

before i figured what my problem was, i have every driver installed, which is what most of us do right? i've tested almost everything, ran memtest for hours. i couldnt test the psu since i dont have a spare. but then i removed all drivers to reinstall them, but after reboot it wasnt restarting anymore(no drivers at all).

then i reinstalled each driver one after the other until it i managed to reproduce the issue, then bam! the driver was causing it not sure why. i uninstalled the driver again, no restarts, installed a different version, it restarts within seconds. i dont know if i have a busted igp or something but after that i installed my gpu, and will only use the igp during emergencies like if my vc died suddenly.

so its worth a try, remove the driver of the igp or use a separate video card. good luck guys

Quote Originally Posted by Cons29 View Post
    before i figured what my problem was, i have every driver installed, which is what most of us do right? i've tested almost everything, ran memtest for hours. i couldnt test the psu since i dont have a spare. but then i removed all drivers to reinstall them, but after reboot it wasnt restarting anymore(no drivers at all).

then i reinstalled each driver one after the other until it i managed to reproduce the issue, then bam! the driver was causing it not sure why. i uninstalled the driver again, no restarts, installed a different version, it restarts within seconds. i dont know if i have a busted igp or something but after that i installed my gpu, and will only use the igp during emergencies like if my vc died suddenly.

so its worth a try, remove the driver of the igp or use a separate video card. good luck guys

Thanks for letting us know about your problem but we still need to be able to run the igpu without Bsods as not all of us want to run a discrete video card.

This is what happened to me last night i took my discrete video card out so i could try running the igpu i then reset bios to stock and left the pc on over night and left a few programmes running like cpuz and real temp, got up today to find both programmes was no longer running as the pc had restarted it self in the night.
    Really sick of this Asrock board now.

Dear all,

About Z68 Extreme4 BSOD issue, we did the test with various config, but we hardly see the symptom on our side.

According to the reply from users, BIOS L1.60G and L1.60B could slove this issue.
    Please kindly update BIOS L1.60G and L1.60B from below link to try.
    Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z68 Extreme4 > Download

If possible, please kindly change another memory or install add-on VGA card to try.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information