Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

copystuff is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear all,

About Z68 Extreme4 BSOD issue, we did the test with various config, but we hardly see the symptom on our side.

According to the reply from users, BIOS L1.60G and L1.60B could slove this issue.
    Please kindly update BIOS L1.60G and L1.60B from below link to try.
    Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z68 Extreme4 > Download

If possible, please kindly change another memory or install add-on VGA card to try.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Thanks Emily but what about people like me who use the Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 ?

iduosports is offline Junior Member

Hi all,

I've been experiencing this BSOD and freezing screen since I bought my Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 around 2 months ago.

Then I follow other forums **Official** Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread. Share your experiences, OCs & tech issues! which I update all my driver Plus I've updated new iGPU driver version version 15.22.50.64.2509 for 64-bit Windows 7 and seems to be working well even in safe mode setting from windows.

Previous experience with Freezing issue was due to Eltron USB3.0 driver that provided by Asrock which version 0.96. Since I've updated to version 1.101 as per xtremesystems forums suggestion, I don't have a problem anymore with freezing issue.

With BSOD problems, previously I always have BSOD problem after my system was in sleep mode or even after resuming from screen saver. I've been running some testing to wake up from sleep mode and resume screen saver with bios 1.70 and seems to be running normal. So far I've only tested for 2 days. My CPU is running at stock level, doesn't change much bios 1.70 setting other then change into AHCI mode and change the graphics setup as onboard.

FYI, I use my PC only for browsing, watching movie and leave my PC into sleep mode. Used to be causing BSOD with power saving mode, somehow within 2 days PC has been running smoothly. If you can advise me

For those who's still running BSOD or Freeze please ensure to update your driver as per below:

Broadcom BCM57781 LAN Driver v14.8.0.5
    EtronTech EJ168A USB3 Driver v1.101 (There's new version v1.105 but a lot of problems)
    Intel ME Driver v7.1.13.1088
    Intel PCH Driver v9.2.0.1030
    Intel HD Graphics Driver v15.22.50.64.2509 for 64-bit Windows 7
    Lucidlogix VIRTU Driver v1.2.106
    Marvell SATA3 Driver v1.2.0.1006
    Intel RST v10.6.0.1022

My Specs:
    i5-2500k (Not overclocking)
    Asrock Z68 Extreme 4
    GSkills Ripjaws X 1600 4x2GB
    Seasonic M2 520 Watt (Forgot with the watt but i remember around 500 watt above)
    Internal graphic card direct from Mobo

ATTENTION TO EMILY/ASROCK REPRESENTATIVE:
    Please advise us which other driver are you using when you are running some testing. I found that Asrock website is not up to date with other driver such as Eltron USB Driver which causing freezing problem v0.96 and some driver is not up to date.

ATTENTION TO OTHER BSOD Fellow:
    Can you please let me know how do you get BSOD normally, so I can check with my PC too.
    Last edited by iduosports; 09-26-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Vakilando is offline Junior Member

According to the reply from users, BIOS L1.60G and L1.60B could slove this issue.
    Hi,
    could you please explain to me, how the Beta Bios Versions are meant? L1.60H is newer than L1.60I for example. I have the normal v 1.70, isn't this a more up to date version than the 1.60 betas? I don't understand this. Should I upate from 1.70 to L1.60H?
    Sorry for my english, but i am not a native speaker.

rewind is offline Junior Member

Dear all,

About Z68 Extreme4 BSOD issue, we did the test with various config, but we hardly see the symptom on our side.

If possible, please kindly change another memory or install add-on VGA card to try.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily
    Well I am gobsmacked by this! Like everyone else, I have had the "clock interrupt" BSOD on my Z68 Extreme 4 since the day I installed it. There is a huge body of evidence on this forum that suggests a fault exists on this board whereby there is insufficient power provided to the system at idle when using the onboard graphics. Upping the Vcore or adding a graphics card may solve the issue (both worked for me), but these options cannot be advocated as the solution. The board must work as advertised using default settings and onboard graphics.

It is insulting to suggest that the problem can't be duplicated in the Asrock labs. I notice you use the wording "we hardly see the symptom on our side", which suggests that you are able to duplicate the problem.

It is insulting to suggest we try a beta bios (which is older than the published bios), when all that seems to do is set a fixed voltage. This will clearly interfere with other aspects of the board settings, especially power saving functions, and will also increase wear and tear.

It is insulting to suggest that our memory is faulty. I use Corsair memory specifically recommended by ASRock, and many others use various, high quality memory chips. If high quality memory chips are incompatible with this board, then the problem lies with the board, not the memory.

It is insulting to suggest adding a video card to fix the problem. I specifically bought this board for the onboard graphics. It was cheaper than competing boards from Asus or Gigabyte, but if I have to buy an extra video card, then it becomes more expensive than buying an A-list brand. Also, people who use onboard graphics have power saving and low noise as their priorities. These features are defeated by adding a video card.

If Asrock is unable to fully fix this fault by firmware, then it must do a product recall because as it stands, this product is unfit for purpose. This is the first Asrock product I have bought, and will be my last. I will also advise my clients to avoid this brand.

torr17 is offline Junior Member

Emily, I know how to solve this problem. Just give me back my money. How can I send you this motherboard?

Ydinsieni is offline Junior Member

Haven't got any bsod for months now.
    Only problem I had was freezing when gaming. Screen freeze and sounds loop.

Thank you iduosports I updated my all drivers seems they were really outdated I hope it fixes the freezing issue.

Here is my rig
    Intel Core i5-2500k @3.3GHz
    Asrock Z68 Extreme 4
    Corsair HX 650W
    G.Skill RiJaws-X Dimm Kit 8GB PC3-12800U
    Asus ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD5 + Board Igpu
    OCZ Vertex 3 120GB / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Lighto is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ydinsieni View Post
    Haven't got any bsod for months now.
    Only problem I had was freezing when gaming. Screen freeze and sounds loop.

Thank you iduosports I updated my all drivers seems they were really outdated I hope it fixes the freezing issue.

Here is my rig
    Intel Core i5-2500k @3.3GHz
    Asrock Z68 Extreme 4
    Corsair HX 650W
    G.Skill RiJaws-X Dimm Kit 8GB PC3-12800U
    Asus ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD5 + Board Igpu
    OCZ Vertex 3 120GB / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    If you are running on the graphics card installed most of the time, the chances that you will encounter the IGP problem is almost 0.....

copystuff is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rewind View Post
    Well I am gobsmacked by this! Like everyone else, I have had the "clock interrupt" BSOD on my Z68 Extreme 4 since the day I installed it. There is a huge body of evidence on this forum that suggests a fault exists on this board whereby there is insufficient power provided to the system at idle when using the onboard graphics. Upping the Vcore or adding a graphics card may solve the issue (both worked for me), but these options cannot be advocated as the solution. The board must work as advertised using default settings and onboard graphics.

It is insulting to suggest that the problem can't be duplicated in the Asrock labs. I notice you use the wording "we hardly see the symptom on our side", which suggests that you are able to duplicate the problem.

It is insulting to suggest we try a beta bios (which is older than the published bios), when all that seems to do is set a fixed voltage. This will clearly interfere with other aspects of the board settings, especially power saving functions, and will also increase wear and tear.

It is insulting to suggest that our memory is faulty. I use Corsair memory specifically recommended by ASRock, and many others use various, high quality memory chips. If high quality memory chips are incompatible with this board, then the problem lies with the board, not the memory.

It is insulting to suggest adding a video card to fix the problem. I specifically bought this board for the onboard graphics. It was cheaper than competing boards from Asus or Gigabyte, but if I have to buy an extra video card, then it becomes more expensive than buying an A-list brand. Also, people who use onboard graphics have power saving and low noise as their priorities. These features are defeated by adding a video card.

If Asrock is unable to fully fix this fault by firmware, then it must do a product recall because as it stands, this product is unfit for purpose. This is the first Asrock product I have bought, and will be my last. I will also advise my clients to avoid this brand.
    I totally agree that we should not have to use a discrete video card to cure this problem. This is a motherboard fault and as you say if you cant use the igpu without it restarting then we should be refunded as the board is not performing as advertised.

iduosports is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by copystuff View Post
    I totally agree that we should not have to use a discrete video card to cure this problem. This is a motherboard fault and as you say if you cant use the igpu without it restarting then we should be refunded as the board is not performing as advertised.
    Can you please tell me what's causing your BSOD still? Because I have another 1 week before I return my motherboard to get refund from the shop or replacement with Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3.

I had Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 for 2 months which always have BSOD problem before. After 2 days found all updated driver and new bios 1.70, my system hasn't found any BSOD or Freeze. So far, I've tested power saving mode from windows 7 64bit, resume from screensaver, resume from sleepmode without having any BSOD or freeze. I used to have problem with similar testing before I updated to new driver and also bios 1.70.

If you can tell me, which version your are using for your iGPU driver, Eltron USB driver, Marvell Sata3.0 driver etc, that will be great and also easier for everyone of us who's still having problem to compare what's exactly causing this BSOD.

I'm NOT USING discrecete graphic card rather then iGPU from the motherboard itself and my Vsocre is set 'Auto', the only thing I change setup from bios 1.70 ONLY AHCI and Onboard with graphics card.

FOR THOSE WHO"S STILL HAVING BSOD or FREEZE
    Please let me know what's causing it so I can check with my PC too.

Vakilando is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by iduosports View Post
    For those who's still running BSOD or Freeze please ensure to update your driver as per below:

Broadcom BCM57781 LAN Driver v14.8.0.5
    EtronTech EJ168A USB3 Driver v1.101 (There's new version v1.105 but a lot of problems)
    Intel ME Driver v7.1.13.1088
    Intel PCH Driver v9.2.0.1030
    Intel HD Graphics Driver v15.22.50.64.2209 for 64-bit Windows 7
    Lucidlogix VIRTU Driver v1.2.106
    Marvell SATA3 Driver v1.2.0.1006
    Intel RST v10.6.0.1022
    Hey,
    I have Intel HD Graphics Driver 15.22.50.64.2509 (64bit) installed, but i read often now that your Version should be the most up to date one. Did I load something wrong?

And about the USB3 Driver, I had freezing when using DVB-T via USB 3.0 an I updated to 1.105 from 0.96, perhaps I should downgrade to 1.101 again, but I tried it ans USB3 was not working with my DCB Stick. But I don't know If I had freezing/ bsod at this time.

Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread Information