I have three pre-sales questions for the ASRock Vision HT 311D Intel Core Core i3-3110M Mobile Ivy Bridge Processor Intel HM77 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1 x HDMI Remote Control Barebone System.
1) Which USB 3.0 Controller Chipset is used? (NEC, Etron, Another?) What about the VisionX 321B Intel Core i5-3210M Mobile Ivy Bridge Processor Intel HM77 AMD Mobility Radeon HD7850M GPU 1 x HDMI Remote Control Barebone system as well? The 311D is a better price and this is for a home server.
2) Does the mSATA mini PCIe slot support SATA controller cards such as the MPX-9125?
COMMELL MPX-9125 PCI Express Mini Card supports 2 x SATAIII (RAID 0, RAID 1)
I want to hookup two 4-bay SATA MediaSonic ProBox enclosures and prefer to use SATA over USB 3.0 connections.
Also is the BUILT-IN eSATA port Port Multiplier aware?
3) Is it very quiet? (compared to the Zotac ZBoxes, same mobile slim fan)
Last edited by JazJon; 09-14-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Just got this response:
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 2:55 PM, John <asrockamerica.com> wrote:Hi Jon,
1. For the USB 3.0, the PC ‘s using Intel USB 3.0 which controlled by Intel chipset. For the AMD and Intel platform, which is users favor and their choice. However, AMD generates more heat than Intel in most cases.
2. The slot is for Mini SATA SSD drive and I wonder that card would work with the board due to the RAID/AHCI controller card.
3. Yes, most Mini PCs are quiet.
4. However, please visit below link for more information
ASRock America Support Team
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)