Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 990FX Fatal1ty / FX 8350 imcompatibily issues

Danny Dogg is offline Junior Member

Unhappy 990FX Fatal1ty / FX 8350 imcompatibily issues

Hello, i'm having a weird problem since a month, tried seearching all over the web what it can be from, tried lot's of different things, brought new hardware, changed some, but still allways the same problem.

I'll explain my problem, when i'm under Windows 8, it works great, until suddenly the account disconnects going unto a black screen, you can still see the mouse cursor and move it, sometimes you can see the connection screen allrgith too, then when you click to connect to your account it just goes back to the black screen, i tried every button on the keyboard, did CTRL + ALT + DELETE, CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE, WIndows Button, nothing happens...

Under Windows 7 it has another effect, it's allright then suddenly the desktop goes into basic desktop, internet starts crashing, programs start to not respond, and on ASRock X-Lan the internet numbers start to go crazy

I have no heat issues, i've got about 15 fans and a Phanteks PH-TC14PE cooling system installed on the CPU

It does this on stock values, i tried playing with the voltages to make it stable, for a moment i thought it took longer for it to arrive, but finished being the same, i even managed tried overcloking it pass 5GHz but that didn't change anything either

I'll give you my config and tell you what i tried changing

Config :

- CPU : AMD FX 8350
    - MotherBoard : ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Profesionnal
    - Ram : G.Skill Trident X DDR3 PC3-14900 - 2 X 8 Gb (16Gb) 1866 Mhz - CAS 8
    - GPU : Nvidia GeForce EVGA GTX 650 SuperClocked 1Gb
    - HHD/SSD : Corsair Froce Seris GS 240 (SYSTEM-SSD) / Western Digital VelociRaptor 1Tb (DATA-HDD) / Western Digital Caviar Green 2Tb (HDD) / Hitachi Travelstar 320Gb (HDD)

- PSU: Enermax Platimax 1500 (
    EPM1500EGT4)

So now i'll tell you what i did, since i got a second pc that i transfer old parts on it, i tried taking some back to try on this system if it would make a difference.
    So i exchanged the ram for some Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8Gb (2X4Gb) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz but that didn't change anything.
    Then the graphics card that i have on it now i brought it in between, but i used to use an Nvidia GeForce Gainward GT240 GS 1Gb, so it's not coming from the graphics card either.
    I also not long ago changed my SSD that is now on my other pc, that is the Corsair Force GT 120, didn't come from that either.

So that leaves us with the Motherboard, CPU or PSU, for a moment i was wondering if it didn't come from the PSU because it is said to have loose voltage, but i don't know since it was working great before i changed CPU, the CPU i used and might put back into for the moment if nothing solves my problem and that is in my other pc is the AMD Athlon II X2 250, ialso saw on the internet that people got some faulty FX 8350, so if thats the case maybe i'll make the garantee work, don't know yet if i would take another one or just go for a Phenom.

Theres one thing i wanna try to check, is installing the AMD FX 8350 on my other pc, it's a ASRock N68C-S UCC board so it should be allright, just want to check if i get the same crashes and if it's the case it can only be the CPU that is faulty.

Anyway i'll try that tomorrow, need some sleep and if you have any advice on a possible solution i would be glad to hear about it, thank you, this problem is driving me nuts since christmas ^^
    Š@nny™ | ASROCK Fatal1ty 990FX Professional | v.1.90 | AMD FX 8350 (4.0Ghz/5.0Ghz) | G.SKILL Trident X DDR3 PC3-14900 - 2X8Gb (16Gb) 1866 MHz - CAS 8 | NVIDIA GeForce EVGA GT650 SuperClocked | CORSAIR Force GS - 240Gb (SSD) | WD VelociRaptor - 1Tb (HDD) | WD Caviar Green - 2Tb (HDD) | HITACHI Deskstar T7K500 - 320Gb (HDD) | PLEXTOR PX-L890SA | AEROCOOL Xpredator White Edition | PHANTEKS PH-TC14PE | LOGITECH Cordless Desktop® EX 110 | ROCCAT Savu | ENERMAX Platimax EPM 1500w EGT | PACKARD BELL Viseo 240DX & SAMSUNG LE40D550 | MICROSOFT Windows 8 Pro & Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate Edition

facimu is offline Junior Member

Default Re: 990FX Fatal1ty / FX 8350 imcompatibily issues

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dogg View Post
    Hello, i'm having a weird problem since a month, tried seearching all over the web what it can be from, tried lot's of different things, brought new hardware, changed some, but still allways the same problem.

I'll explain my problem, when i'm under Windows 8, it works great, until suddenly the account disconnects going unto a black screen, you can still see the mouse cursor and move it, sometimes you can see the connection screen allrgith too, then when you click to connect to your account it just goes back to the black screen, i tried every button on the keyboard, did CTRL + ALT + DELETE, CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE, WIndows Button, nothing happens...

Under Windows 7 it has another effect, it's allright then suddenly the desktop goes into basic desktop, internet starts crashing, programs start to not respond, and on ASRock X-Lan the internet numbers start to go crazy

I have no heat issues, i've got about 15 fans and a Phanteks PH-TC14PE cooling system installed on the CPU

It does this on stock values, i tried playing with the voltages to make it stable, for a moment i thought it took longer for it to arrive, but finished being the same, i even managed tried overcloking it pass 5GHz but that didn't change anything either

I'll give you my config and tell you what i tried changing

Config :

- CPU : AMD FX 8350
    - MotherBoard : ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Profesionnal
    - Ram : G.Skill Trident X DDR3 PC3-14900 - 2 X 8 Gb (16Gb) 1866 Mhz - CAS 8
    - GPU : Nvidia GeForce EVGA GTX 650 SuperClocked 1Gb
    - HHD/SSD : Corsair Froce Seris GS 240 (SYSTEM-SSD) / Western Digital VelociRaptor 1Tb (DATA-HDD) / Western Digital Caviar Green 2Tb (HDD) / Hitachi Travelstar 320Gb (HDD)

- PSU: Enermax Platimax 1500 (
    EPM1500EGT4)

So now i'll tell you what i did, since i got a second pc that i transfer old parts on it, i tried taking some back to try on this system if it would make a difference.
    So i exchanged the ram for some Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8Gb (2X4Gb) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz but that didn't change anything.
    Then the graphics card that i have on it now i brought it in between, but i used to use an Nvidia GeForce Gainward GT240 GS 1Gb, so it's not coming from the graphics card either.
    I also not long ago changed my SSD that is now on my other pc, that is the Corsair Force GT 120, didn't come from that either.

So that leaves us with the Motherboard, CPU or PSU, for a moment i was wondering if it didn't come from the PSU because it is said to have loose voltage, but i don't know since it was working great before i changed CPU, the CPU i used and might put back into for the moment if nothing solves my problem and that is in my other pc is the AMD Athlon II X2 250, ialso saw on the internet that people got some faulty FX 8350, so if thats the case maybe i'll make the garantee work, don't know yet if i would take another one or just go for a Phenom.

Theres one thing i wanna try to check, is installing the AMD FX 8350 on my other pc, it's a ASRock N68C-S UCC board so it should be allright, just want to check if i get the same crashes and if it's the case it can only be the CPU that is faulty.

Anyway i'll try that tomorrow, need some sleep and if you have any advice on a possible solution i would be glad to hear about it, thank you, this problem is driving me nuts since christmas ^^

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;

Hi, i dont speak english............ but i have same fatal1ty 990fx and amd 8350

fix:

1- go bios and change IDE for ACHI in the two boxes. so importat!!! after install windows

2- dont install Core Temp 1.0 RC5

solved for me ;)

Thread Information