Starting over. Z68 Extreme3 Gen3. Would like to have an orderly list of Steps to follow.
I'm hoping this isn't too much to ask for.
I've forgotten almost everything I used to know. I cannot find a tutorial on this/these forums with a step-by-step procedure to follow. So, I'm asking for help. I have ALL the parts installed into the case, but have not powered the system on yet.
Reference: My system:
* MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
* CPU: Intel Corei5 (2500K)
* GRAPHICS: Intel Onboard
* SOUND: Intel Onboard
* CPU COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
* PSU: Seasonic X650W 80+Gold
* RAM:G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB-F3-1600C8D
* HDD (Internal): WD Black 500GB SATA III, 64 MB Cache, - WD5003AZEX
* HDD (External, USB): WD "Elements" 500GB - does not have backup software included.
* DVD/CD R/W drive
* CASE: LIAN LI PC-A70F ATX Full Aluminum Tower
* OS: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
* BROWSER: IE9
* ANTI-VIRUS: AVG 2012 Internet Security, "Paid" Version.
Note: This is a "stand-alone" single-user system connected to the Internet via AT&T DSL.
NEED ADVICE ON THE FOLLOWING: (These are just a few examples. Any other suggestions will be appreciated!).
-- Which ASRock software on its "Installation CD" do I actually need, and which ones should I avoid installing?
-- Which (non-IVY BRIDGE!) BIOS is the 'correct' one for my MB? I've been told (on this forum) that the default BIOS is the one to use, since other newer ones can, or do cause severe issues?
-- Which 3rd-party files do I need to download and have on-hand prior to installing Windows 7? For instance, certain drivers, HDD testing software, etc.
After all my hardware is installed, what is the proper order of steps to follow?
MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 * CPU: Intel Corei5 (2500K) * GPU: Intel Onboard * SOUND: Onboard * CPU COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo * PSU: Seasonic X650W 80+Gold
* RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB-F3-1600C8D-8GAB * CASE: LIAN LI PC-A70F ATX Full Tower Aluminum * HDD: WD500GB SATA 6GB's 64MB Cache Caviar 'Black' (WD5003AZEX)