Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FM2A75M-ITX and 2400MHz Memory

Diablokiller999 is offline Junior Member

Default FM2A75M-ITX and 2400MHz Memory

Hello guys!
    Got a serious Problem with my ASrock Mainboard and RAM-Clocks >1866MHz.
    If I set the RAM to every clock less or equal 1866MHz, everything works just fine and the GPU of my 5800K clocks between 300 and 800MHz.
    But if I try 2133 or 2400MHz, I only got 400MHz GPU, the GFX-Clock option disappears in UEFI (or stays if I use XMP, but has no effect then) and I can change the GPU-Clock via AMD Overdrive, but then my systems becomes totally unstable. Tried to change the NB-Multiplier to 12x so it's the same as the RAM but it didn't help. Also raised the NB/GFX Voltage to 1.40V (needed to increase to 1.2V for the RAM to work though) but still nothing.

Some Screenshots:
    1866MHz RAM, GPU can clock between 300 and 800

2400MHz, GPU stays at 400

Can change the value to 800 manually, but System becomes unstable (even with 1.40V NB Voltage, 12x NB-Multiplier)

Some advice?
    Maybe a firmware-bug ( because the GFX-Clock Option disappears with RAM-Clocks >1866 )??
    Last edited by Diablokiller999; 02-21-2013 at 09:01 AM.

xavdeman is offline Junior Member

Angry Re: FM2A75M-ITX and 2400MHz Memory

Hey, I saw your reply on this thread: ASRock FM2A75M-ITX 5800K GPU locked at 400Mhz with 2133 memory
    And I have to tell you this seems to be a general problem with ASRock motherboards and DDR3-2133 memory. Their support team hasn't gotten back to me on this issue. I have the FM2A75M-DGS instead of the -ITX, and it is suffering from the same problem even though it says under specifications: - Supports DDR3 2400+(OC)/2133(OC)/1866/1600/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory (http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A75M-DGS/?cat=Specifications)

If you hear anything from ASRock, please let me know. And also please tell them this is happening with other motherboards too, like the DGS. I tested this problem with FurMark and GPU-Z.

-Xavier.

johnny_boy is offline Junior Member

Default Re: FM2A75M-ITX and 2400MHz Memory

I'm having exactly the same problem with my Asrock FM2A75 Pro4-M, the mATX version. This thing is brutally unstable at stock memory speeds, 2133Mhz in my case. I'm running Corsair Vengeance sticks. I've even upped the voltage a bit. I'm hesitant to up the voltage considerably beyond stock, since it seems to me a board rather than memory problem. Having DIMMs A2/B2 populated made a big improvement to stability over having A1/B1 populated, so beware.

xavdeman is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_boy View Post
    I'm having exactly the same problem with my Asrock FM2A75 Pro4-M, the mATX version. This thing is brutally unstable at stock memory speeds, 2133Mhz in my case. I'm running Corsair Vengeance sticks. I've even upped the voltage a bit. I'm hesitant to up the voltage considerably beyond stock, since it seems to me a board rather than memory problem. Having DIMMs A2/B2 populated made a big improvement to stability over having A1/B1 populated, so beware.
    So you also get 400mHz GPU when you run your memory at the designated speed (2133 or up)? Also, my board didn't correctly recognize the EVO Corsa XMP profile until I mailed with GEIl and they sent me a beta bios that had that problem fixed. We should all e-mail ASRock because this is a serious problem that does not seem to occur with other brands.

XMP works good for me (Kingston HyperX Predator 2400)
    But I'm only getting the same f'in answer "not possible because unstable" -.-'
    Fix this problem or this will be my last ASRock Board!
    It has to be Mainboard / UEFI related, on other boards the RAM/CPU-Combo just works fine!
    Why advertise a Mainboard with 2400+ RAM if it just clocks down the GPU, this is a divider problem.
    The faster RAM means nothing if the lower clock cuts my Benchmark-Scores in half, what kind of joke is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by xavdeman View Post
    So you also get 400mHz GPU when you run your memory at the designated speed (2133 or up)? Also, my board didn't correctly recognize the EVO Corsa XMP profile until I mailed with GEIl and they sent me a beta bios that had that problem fixed. We should all e-mail ASRock because this is a serious problem that does not seem to occur with other brands.
    The GPU clock fluctuates between around 400 and 800 (according to the linux app AMDOverdriveCtrl), so it's working as it should, given my BIOS settings. I've noticed no performance issues when running at 2133. Apparently the XMP profile for my RAM wasn't right--it was too conservative. It was set to 11-12-12-28 and I set it to 11-11-11-27. I bumped the voltage from 1.5 to 1.51 and so far it seems to be running stably.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_boy View Post
    The GPU clock fluctuates between around 400 and 800 (according to the linux app AMDOverdriveCtrl), so it's working as it should, given my BIOS settings.
    It really works for you?
    My GPU-Clock always stays at 400MHz, no variation by GPU-Z, HardwareInfo, AMDOverdrive, GPUShark and Furmark.
    Does your GFX Clock Setting in UEFI disappear when selecting RAM-Clock manually (without XMP) at 2133MHz?

I don't now how reliable the AMDOverdriveCtrl utility for linux is. But it does show the GPU to fluctuate between ~400-800 while doing different things.

My GPU clock settings remain even when I set the memory manually to 2133. If your memory is rated for 2133, you could just set it to xmp and then the frequency to auto. On my board you can still tweak timings and it will automatically use 2133. Does that allow you to get higher gpu frequencies?

No, I can't use frequencies above 1866MHz because the GPU locks at 400MHz.
    If I select RAM-Speed via XMP and set the RAM-Frequency to "Auto", the UEFI-Option for setting the GPU-Clock is still available but useless. It doesn't matter if I use 400,800 oder 1622MHz, the GPU still runs at 400MHz if I use 2133 or 2400MHz RAM.
    On the other hand, if I set XMP to "Auto" and set the DRAM-Frequency to 2133/2400, the GFX-Clock Option disappears and the GPU still runs at 400MHz. With Speeds between 1333 and 1866MHz everything's normal and I can set the GPU-Clock in UEFI to "Auto" (300-800MHz) or by myself between 400 and 1622MHz (with effects on Benchmarks and the clocks are shown by GPU-Z and GPU-Shark as well!).
    After the answers from ASrock it seems like a volitional behaviour that higher RAM-Clocks keep the GPU at 400MHz for stability reasons but I want the full potential, because 2400-RAM is useless if my GPU runs with handbrake put on!

It should be like this

But with the DRAM Frequency set to 2400MHz (like in the Screenshot), the GFX Engine Clock Option completely disappears in my UEFI!
    Last edited by Diablokiller999; 02-27-2013 at 06:21 PM.

After various attempts to get this board stable at 2133Mhz, which my memory is rated for, I've given up and dropped it down to 1866Mhz. Upping the voltage of the chips helps a bit but something else is causing instability. I'm pretty sure I'll never buy an Asrock board again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information