Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z77 Extreme6 - Intel Z77 USB 3.0 ports and header do not function in WinXP

CookyMonzta is offline Junior Member

Default Z77 Extreme6 - Intel Z77 USB 3.0 ports and header do not function in WinXP

Though I have been aware of this for some time, it is only now that I felt the need to report this; and I assume I am not the first.

The USB 3.0 header, designated USB3_4_5 (for ports 4 and 5), and two USB 3.0 ports, designated USB3_2_3 (ports 2 and 3, located under the RJ-45 port), are nonfunctional in Windows XP. They are directly tied to the Z77 chipset and require the Intel Z77 USB 3.0 driver. Unfortunately, there is no driver for WinXP. Nor will USB 2.0 devices work in these ports.

USB 3.0 devices can only operate at full speed in the two USB 3.0 ports located under the PS/2 keyboard/mouse port (designated USB3_0_1), since they use the Etron USB 3.0 driver. Either those, or the USB 2.0 ports. All ports are operational in Win7.

Why is there no Intel Z77 USB 3.0 driver for WinXP?

therube is offline Member

Default Re: Z77 Extreme6 - Intel Z77 USB 3.0 ports and header do not function in WinXP

> USB 3.0 header ... are nonfunctional in Windows XP

So much for backwards compatibility.
    Suppose it is backwards compatible of the device but not for the OS.

(An interesting thread, z77 chipset and xp.)

Thread Information