Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

  1. #1
    FalloutBoy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    26

    Default I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

    Hey ASRock I want to know when you are lifting the NDA on the Z87 Extreme 11/ac I am tired of waiting and at the rate things are going I'll just go and buy a couple of SAS cards instead - on top
    of which I will NEVER purchase an ASRock product - I expect some answers and if I don't get them you will loose a customer before you ever gained them.

    Being secretive about things - DOES NOT MAKE YOUR PRODUCT MORE DESIRABLE it simply makes prospective buyers EXTREMELY ANNOYED!

    How long does it take to get an answer from you guys surely it shouldn't take this long to answer a simple non technical question, or is this a reflection of the normal levels of support one should expect from you?
    Last edited by FalloutBoy; 07-03-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: More VENTING

  2. #2
    WilliamM2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

    Quote Originally Posted by FalloutBoy View Post
    I expect some answers and if I don't get them you will loose a customer before you ever gained them.
    So they lose nothing? How often do demands like this work out for you?

  3. #3
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,174

    Default Re: I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

    The Haswell/Z87 platform is very new, barely a month old now. I doubt that any mother board manufacture has all their models available from day one of the release of the new platform. All models may not even be available in all areas. I imagine all mother board manufactures are still scrambling to improve the BIOS/UEFI of the products that are available, especially given the differences that Haswell CPUs bring.

    Other factors may be holding back the release date of this board, such as a shortage of parts (SAS chips), the price of the SAS chips being more than was expected, or even problems with the board when using the SAS chips. I've seen posts in this forum about problems with the Z77 version of the board you are wondering about.

    Frankly, no release date or price was ever released by ASRock, and complaining about it not being released one month after the launch of the CPU and chipset is a waste of time.

  4. #4
    FalloutBoy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamM2 View Post
    So they lose nothing? How often do demands like this work out for you?
    Well being that ASRock does not know how many people I advise on PC hardware purchases in this instance the probability is not good - but needless to say that the number of people that come to me for hardware advice is a lot.

  5. #5
    FalloutBoy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    The Haswell/Z87 platform is very new, barely a month old now. I doubt that any mother board manufacture has all their models available from day one of the release of the new platform. All models may not even be available in all areas. I imagine all mother board manufactures are still scrambling to improve the BIOS/UEFI of the products that are available, especially given the differences that Haswell CPUs bring.

    Other factors may be holding back the release date of this board, such as a shortage of parts (SAS chips), the price of the SAS chips being more than was expected, or even problems with the board when using the SAS chips. I've seen posts in this forum about problems with the Z77 version of the board you are wondering about.

    >> O.K so ASRock can release a huge plethora of Z87 Extreme(x)/ac but the one board that they flag shipped has problems - that does not inspire a lot of confidence.

    Frankly, no release date or price was ever released by ASRock, and complaining about it not being released one month after the launch of the CPU and chipset is a waste of time.
    Well if there is a damned problem tell the users there's a problem don't go silent - let the user have some expectation of when its going to be sorted, Christ if my PC clients had a problem and I didn't keep them up to date about what was going on I'd be out of business - It's called having good customer communications skills and good customer relations.

    Also hearing that their Z77 product line is still having problems is awesomely inspiring - you mean they haven't sorted the problems yet - that's just plain hopeless.

    I don't think it's unreasonable from anyone to expect that if their Haswell line is shown on their website that it be their whole Haswell line, I have been told that there is an NDA on the 11/ac well that's fine it is still a reasonable thing to find out when that NDA will be lifted or get an ERA or ETA of when it will be here but none of that is happening despite multiple posts here and E-Mails to sales@asrock.

    I'm calling it Vaporware for the time being I call B.S its only for show.

  6. #6
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,174

    Default Re: I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

    Quote Originally Posted by FalloutBoy View Post
    Well if there is a damned problem tell the users there's a problem don't go silent - let the user have some expectation of when its going to be sorted, Christ if my PC clients had a problem and I didn't keep them up to date about what was going on I'd be out of business - It's called having good customer communications skills and good customer relations.

    Also hearing that their Z77 product line is still having problems is awesomely inspiring - you mean they haven't sorted the problems yet - that's just plain hopeless.

    I don't think it's unreasonable from anyone to expect that if their Haswell line is shown on their website that it be their whole Haswell line, I have been told that there is an NDA on the 11/ac well that's fine it is still a reasonable thing to find out when that NDA will be lifted or get an ERA or ETA of when it will be here but none of that is happening despite multiple posts here and E-Mails to sales@asrock.

    I'm calling it Vaporware for the time being I call B.S its only for show.
    I basically agree with that, but in my experience with various PC hardware manufactures, they all follow the same trend. That is, the less said the better. People can raise holy heck in their forums, and the most they'll say is, you'll know when we're done.

    BTW, I never said that ASRock was having problems with their Z77 product line:

    "I've seen posts in this forum about problems with the Z77 version of the board you are wondering about."

    I was only referring to the ONE board, the Z77 Extreme 11, that has the SAS controller. The "problems" were in three or so individual threads, so not extensive, but a hint at what might be happening. I should have been more specific.

    That is a perfect example of one reason why the manufactures don't say much if anything about issues. Anything they say can and will be misinterpreted and mutated into all kinds of nonsense as it is passed from one person to another.

    Actually the main reason nothing is said is simple, once you make a statement, you are responsible for it. An issue does not really become a reality until the manufacture states/admits the issue exists.

    So instead of stating a release date for a product, which if is missed then becomes an issue, saying nothing is the safest compromise.

  7. #7
    FalloutBoy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I basically agree with that, but in my experience with various PC hardware manufactures, they all follow the same trend. That is, the less said the better. People can raise holy heck in their forums, and the most they'll say is, you'll know when we're done.

    BTW, I never said that ASRock was having problems with their Z77 product line:

    "I've seen posts in this forum about problems with the Z77 version of the board you are wondering about."

    I was only referring to the ONE board, the Z77 Extreme 11, that has the SAS controller. The "problems" were in three or so individual threads, so not extensive, but a hint at what might be happening. I should have been more specific.

    That is a perfect example of one reason why the manufactures don't say much if anything about issues. Anything they say can and will be misinterpreted and mutated into all kinds of nonsense as it is passed from one person to another.

    Actually the main reason nothing is said is simple, once you make a statement, you are responsible for it. An issue does not really become a reality until the manufacture states/admits the issue exists.

    So instead of stating a release date for a product, which if is missed then becomes an issue, saying nothing is the safest compromise.
    What I was meaning that with the age of the product you would have expected that any issues regarding the SAS controller on that extreme 11 board (which in this case is part of the z77 range) would have been sorted out. - So not confidence inspiring still stands.

    It's also an example of how other people can miss interpret what an author is trying to say and I shall choose my words more carefully from now on and be more specific - I was speaking more in a group manor than in a specific manor.

    Accept that if you are having to delay a product because you are having some issue then you shouldn't even mention it because as soon as you do people expect and not unreasonably to be able to purchase said product - having it in a show and sending it out to various other organizations to publicize it means it's ready now in the context that they displayed all the other boards as well.
    If you can't put it out there for the consumer - don't mention it at all.

    Now that it has been mentioned, I myself and other people I know want one - we can see all the other ASRock z87 boards around yet we can't see this so of course we want to know why and how long - it's a reasonable expectation.
    Last edited by FalloutBoy; 07-03-2013 at 03:14 PM.

  8. #8
    2lalaland is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

    Not like this matters much, but I am 100% in agreement with you Falloutboy. Everything you said in this post plus the other. Very bad business practices. So sad too. Maybe this is the new way of corporate america? If this be the case, let me shoot myself now, LOL! I have been in sales pretty much all my life, I could never stand behind a product so half assed. Sorry, I said it, but it's the truth. From reading your comments, you are just that guy. Don't jeopardize your reputation for another, if you know what I mean?

  9. #9
    FalloutBoy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2lalaland View Post
    Not like this matters much, but I am 100% in agreement with you Falloutboy. Everything you said in this post plus the other. Very bad business practices. So sad too. Maybe this is the new way of corporate america? If this be the case, let me shoot myself now, LOL! I have been in sales pretty much all my life, I could never stand behind a product so half assed. Sorry, I said it, but it's the truth. From reading your comments, you are just that guy. Don't jeopardize your reputation for another, if you know what I mean?
    I don't quite know what you mean - I pride myself on my reputation, if I say something won't work - it won't work, if I say it will, I know it will, If I give you facts - you know they're facts, to me life is only explainable in black and white - there is no grey it either is or isn't not could be or might be - that means it's not. Some people think of it as a fault and possibly it is - they are entitled to their opinion ; however as I said when I say something - It's true - not might be - not maybe - it is, unfortunately for some I expect the same from everyone else and I find it hard to trust people who don't work this way.

    I would like a quote as to what this repair would cost. "oh about 2-300$ + parts" is not a quote it's bill padding, and the other answer I hate is - "it depends", what this actually means is how dumb are you and how much can I make you pay for it.

    I have been in I.T for 37 years, I was teaching I.T at the age of 13, I have also worked in the security, payroll and banking sectors requiring high security clearance in administrative rolls and I know all the stunts that people try and pull, I also can program in 22 different computer languages ( admittedly many are now defunct ) but that's not the point.

    You can't B.S someone unless they want to believe your B.S and I've learnt that the hard way so I get damned annoyed if I feel I'm being B.S'd and at the moment I am damned annoyed, am I saying I'm perfect - no, but I won't show somebody something which is incomplete or faulty because it's just a plain unreasonable thing to do and I would piss off customers if I did - not a good way to stay in business.

    I will admit however that ASUS has also been guilty of being somewhat half assed recently - very disappointing to find it's not limited to just one company.

    Thanks for your response, I would appreciate a little clarification about the - know what I mean bit.

    Cheers.

  10. #10
    2lalaland is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: I am beginning to get very annoyed and frustrated with ASRock.

    "I pride myself on my reputation" is exactly what I mean ;) Don't jeopardize your entire career for something you WANT it to be if it's not. I'm not in your situtation, but if they released this prematurely & still don't have the kinks worked out, your reputation will be at jeopardy, you see? Most end users don't understand this sort of thing so it will come down to you, my dear. Don't risk your reputation, it isn't worth it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •