Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSOD after launching ASRock eXtreme Tuner

rohanvg is offline Junior Member

Question BSOD after launching ASRock eXtreme Tuner

I purchased ASRock 990FX Extreme9 motherboard last week. I use
    Processor = AMD FX 8350
    RAM = Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    OS = Windows 8 Pro

So the ASRock eXtreme Tuner Utility worked fine for 4-5 days and from the past 2 days I am getting the BSOD whenever I launch ASRock eXtreme Tuner. This is what it looks like:
    Name:  WP_20131015_16_13_04_Pro.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  149.8 KB
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (AxtuDrv.sys)

I̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶r̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶v̶i̶e̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶s̶:̶
    http://h̶t̶t̶p̶:̶/̶/̶o̶i̶4̶4̶.̶t̶i̶n...p̶g̶
    http://h̶t̶t̶p̶:̶/̶/̶o̶i̶4̶2̶.̶t̶i̶n...p̶g̶

So I assumed that the AxtuDrv.sys file might be missing and searched for it in the "Windows" & "Program Files / (x86)" directory and I couldn't find it.
    I tried uninstalling and installing the utility again but every time I am getting BSOD.
    I can't find any solution to this problem. Please help me with these.
    Last edited by rohanvg; 10-17-2013 at 11:49 AM.

parsec is online now Senior Member

Default Re: BSOD after launching ASRock eXtreme Tuner

First, both of the pictures of the error log refer to "The ASUS HM Com Service failed to start...", which should be referring to something else if it is "ASUS" and not ASRock.

On my different ASRock board, AXTU is installed in: C: Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\AXTU

I don't see a AxtuDrv.sys service running on my PC, or a file by that name. Might be different on an Intel system, but...

Any chance you checked the "Auto apply when program start" option on the Overclocking screen, etc? I'm a little surprised that would remain after uninstalling and reinstalling AXTU. Same question for the "Auto run when windows start". Did you restart the PC between the uninstall and new install?

Did you remove or disable a startup entry (Task Manager, Startup, or with another program) for AXTU?

Did you use a registry cleaner that removed a needed entry?

Do you see the ASRock XFastRAM program installed in Window Programs and Features? Were you using that feature?

phrozeng is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    First, both of the pictures of the error log refer to "The ASUS HM Com Service failed to start...", which should be referring to something else if it is "ASUS" and not ASRock.

On my different ASRock board, AXTU is installed in: C: Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\AXTU

I don't see a AxtuDrv.sys service running on my PC, or a file by that name. Might be different on an Intel system, but...

Any chance you checked the "Auto apply when program start" option on the Overclocking screen, etc? I'm a little surprised that would remain after uninstalling and reinstalling AXTU. Same question for the "Auto run when windows start". Did you restart the PC between the uninstall and new install?

Did you remove or disable a startup entry (Task Manager, Startup, or with another program) for AXTU?

Did you use a registry cleaner that removed a needed entry?

Do you see the ASRock XFastRAM program installed in Window Programs and Features? Were you using that feature?

I don't quite why people can be so ignorant over something like this... I don't mean to be vain but seriously people who assemble these got to give them a benefit of doubt. Anyways I am a system designer I support over 500 customers and growing in my business and I have used these boards and actually own two of them with a fx 8320 and the 8350.

This worked under Windows 7 with no problems. I cannot recall if I tested this on both boards on the 1st ver of windows 8 but I can tell you this issue exists under windows 8.1 pro preview, and I am also a MSDN subscriber and I have tested this on about 20 different installs and different configurations with raid and ahci.... I get the same error. I thought perhaps it was 8.1 preview but after many clean installs this is not the case...

I get the exact same thing. The bottom line this doesn't with with 8.1. And needs to be looked at since a lot of these drivers and applications are legacy now on the site and do need to be updated and looked at.

I would also like to add I have gone thru the troubleshooter and told this to run in emulated compatibility win 7 mode, admin, disabled uac, etc... same results it will crash the windows 8 system and needs to be looked at by these asrock devs.

Futher more the devs also need to look at the new bios 2.50. Because if yer drive is not setup for a uefi format under ahci it will not work. there forefore u can bypass by tricking the bios to switch to raid uefi and then format and then switch back and hit f11 and select uefi from the dvd. buta clean system this wont pick up. new bios sucks.

~ One upset business owner who has recently dropped asrock in my location!

parsec is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by phrozeng View Post
    I don't quite why people can be so ignorant over something like this... I don't mean to be vain but seriously people who assemble these got to give them a benefit of doubt. Anyways I am a system designer I support over 500 customers and growing in my business and I have used these boards and actually own two of them with a fx 8320 and the 8350.

This worked under Windows 7 with no problems. I cannot recall if I tested this on both boards on the 1st ver of windows 8 but I can tell you this issue exists under windows 8.1 pro preview, and I am also a MSDN subscriber and I have tested this on about 20 different installs and different configurations with raid and ahci.... I get the same error. I thought perhaps it was 8.1 preview but after many clean installs this is not the case...

I get the exact same thing. The bottom line this doesn't with with 8.1. And needs to be looked at since a lot of these drivers and applications are legacy now on the site and do need to be updated and looked at.

I would also like to add I have gone thru the troubleshooter and told this to run in emulated compatibility win 7 mode, admin, disabled uac, etc... same results it will crash the windows 8 system and needs to be looked at by these asrock devs.

Futher more the devs also need to look at the new bios 2.50. Because if yer drive is not setup for a uefi format under ahci it will not work. there forefore u can bypass by tricking the bios to switch to raid uefi and then format and then switch back and hit f11 and select uefi from the dvd. buta clean system this wont pick up. new bios sucks.

~ One upset business owner who has recently dropped asrock in my location!
    Last things first, I assume you mean BIOS 1.50, for the ASRock 990FX Extreme9, the board the OP uses, unless you mean a different board?

Weird issue with formatting drives with the new BIOS, since it adds Support Secure Boot for AM3 CPU, which requires GPT formatting, etc, for Secure Boot to function. Of course, that bug would be related to this BIOS update's purpose. You may be the first person to post about this bug, given that it exists. I wonder if some similar issues that other users have recently are related to this.

I had no idea of the extent of this issue, but given what you've said it does not seem to be an individual problem unique to the OP. FWIW, AXTU works on my ASR Intel CPU/chipset board with Windows 8.

IMO, how can the ASRock utilities and drivers be legacy for a board like this one, not even a year old (I'm not debating, just saying.) They may be treated that way but they certainly aren't. ASRock does seem to end support for their boards earlier than other manufactures. I just found an update for my X58 board, made by another manufacture.

I don't get your first statement, the "I don't quite (get) why people can be so...". Do you mean I'm assuming it's the OP's mistake, rather than a problem with the program? I'm not worried about it, just curious.

OTOH, it looks like a few new posts about this issue in general, and the one you mentioned about formatting a drive with the new BIOS, what do you know...

My previous board was from ASUS, so yeah that was a mistake on my part attaching those two images about the warnings. Anyways,

I used revo uninstaller pro to make a clean uninstall of all the files related to axtu, then rebooted my pc, Installed axtu then rebooted my pc again. Still got the same BSOD problem.
    So finally, I had to reset my Windows 8 installation and since then its working fine. I can't understand what went wrong in the first place.

In regards to previous post I was being sarcastic. Anyways this is a amd based board...not an intel extreme 4 970... to the op iam glad your issue is resolved you must not be using 8.1......I have done about 50 installs different configs under the 8.1 rtm for beta test results no joke...same results.

Chen wing ding or whatever his name is whomake those tweaked out youtube videos or whomever really needs to look at these drivers not about to delete that driverbi am sure it has other dependice s

Post back when u goto 8.1 on release next week

@asrock look at your drivers dont worry about the goofy extreme videos the drivers need to be updated

I updated to 8.1 and it worked fine for a few days. And suddenly out of nowhere the damn BSOD is back again to haunt me. What's happening? Is there any other stable piece of software which would allow me to control the CPU fan speed? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rohanvg View Post
    I updated to 8.1 and it worked fine for a few days. And suddenly out of nowhere the damn BSOD is back again to haunt me. What's happening? Is there any other stable piece of software which would allow me to control the CPU fan speed? Thanks.

Well i went the same route as you did, i did a refresh in 8.1 and it worked. and worked for a while. then i went to programs and features and installed the .NET 2/3.5 and then it broke on me again. Asrock really needs to look into this they prolly wont for months. there too busy making dorky youtube videos.

try perhaps maybe cpufan?

Quote Originally Posted by phrozeng View Post
    Well i went the same route as you did, i did a refresh in 8.1 and it worked. and worked for a while. then i went to programs and features and installed the .NET 2/3.5 and then it broke on me again. Asrock really needs to look into this they prolly wont for months. there too busy making dorky youtube videos.

try perhaps maybe cpufan?

I was using AXTU(v0.1.335) until now.
    Just found this beta utility on their official website AXTU(v0.1.335.1) - [ASRock > 990FX Extreme9]
    Its working good SO FAR.. To be absolute sure i even rebooted my pc and no BSOD's yet.
    Give it a try.

Also leave the following option unchecked:
    1. Auto run when windows start

For some strange reason it causes BSOD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information