Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By odiebugs

Thread: USB 3.0 issues. USB 2.0 drives not being recognized. ASRock Z87E-ITX

ushneb is offline Junior Member

Default USB 3.0 issues. USB 2.0 drives not being recognized. ASRock Z87E-ITX

I just build a new rig with the ASRock Z87E-ITX. Everything seem to work fine. The USB 3.0 ports all work and detect my USB 3.0 flash drives but for some reason they won't detect USB 2.0 flash drives. I tried the all the ports on the back and front of the rig but no USB 2.0 flash drives are detected unless it's plugged into a USB 3.0 port.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

odiebugs is offline Member

Default Re: USB 3.0 issues. USB 2.0 drives not being recognized. ASRock Z87E-ITX

Did you enable Legacy in the BIOS under USB controller ???

Legacy allows 2.0 to work on 3.0.

The two next to the PS/2 should be 2.0, they are for keyboard/mouse with USB.

If your case has USB 2.0, then you need to plug into the header # 20 or 21, as these are 2.0.

The header on the mobo for USB 3.0 is # 7, it's the only one towards the front of the board- near drives.

ushneb is offline Junior Member

Default Re: USB 3.0 issues. USB 2.0 drives not being recognized. ASRock Z87E-ITX

My case has USB 3.0 and I have that connected properly to the motherboard. USB 3.0 drives plugged into the ports on the case work fine just not USB 2.0.....at least most of them. I tried various USB 2.0 flash drives that I have and the only one that worked was the oldest one I had. It's this really old 1GB drive that was read just fine. Other drives show up in the "Devices and printers" section but aren't detected as storage devices.

I checked at startup and Legacy support was enabled. I disabled it and tried it. No go. Then I re-enabled it and still no go. I even updated the USB drivers from the ASRock support site but that didn't help either.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

odiebugs is offline Member

You can try using the newest official 8 series driver for intel USB 3.0 hub - 2.5.1.28. You installed the ver:2.5.0.19.

You can also try using the newest 8 chipset INF, people think they are drivers, but they're aren't.- ver 9.4.4.1006, you installed the ver 9.4.0.1026.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 11-10-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    parsec likes this.

Thread Information