Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: tottaaly new pc

billxns is offline Junior Member

Default tottaaly new pc

Hello everyone , and a happy new year, i am planning to build up a new pc , and i want some advice, i am going to use the amd fx 8350 cpu and i want to know whichof the as rock is the best option to support an 8 core cpu ...

- wardog - is offline Spam Killer

Default Re: tottaaly new pc

IMHO, the 990FX Extreme9 on the high side and the 990FX Extreme4 at the minimun.

I personally wouldn't go with less than the current 990FX boards. Which is what the FX series processors were designed around. You will find the power section on 990FX boards are superior, and that's for a reason.

List of ASRock boards that oficially support the FX-8350
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the PSU Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be the PSU causing issues. I do(Lifetime PRO ver.) and will mention so if it is marginal for your build.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Mine: ASRock Z77 Extreme6, i7-3770K, 16GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, Seasonic X-750 Gold, On-die HD 4000, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Hers: ASRock 990FX Extreme4, FX-4170, 16GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-650 Gold, Asus HD7770-2GD5, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Server 1: ASRock 990FX Extreme9, FX-8150, 32GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015, PowerColor AX5450 1GBK3-SH, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design XL R2
    Server 2: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+, A10-6800K, 16GB F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL, Seasonic SS-660XP2, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

thanks a lot for the fast reply, i follow your suggestion! so this one would be one of the best options right ; http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.as...0FX%20Extreme9
    Last edited by billxns; 01-02-2014 at 12:24 PM.

parsec is online now Senior Member

Yes, if only because the VRM section for the CPU are able to supply enough power for AMD 220W processors, without catching on fire.

That last comment only applies to those that put a '8350, etc, into a $50 board with minimal VRMs and no VRM heatsink.

I'm glad ASRock included this in the 990FX EX 9 information page, but might want to consider doing that on some of the lower priced boards, a reality check.

Name:  AMD 5GHz reqs.PNG
Views: 84
Size:  99.7 KB

so as i see,that the best option will be hopefully the 990fx,something else i want to tell you is that i am going to use Kingston 16GB HyperX Predator T2 2133MHz CL11 (Kit of 2) KHX21C11T2K2

so i dont think having issues with the mobo ...

parsec is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by billxns View Post
    so as i see,that the best option will be hopefully the 990fx,something else i want to tell you is that i am going to use Kingston 16GB HyperX Predator T2 2133MHz CL11 (Kit of 2) KHX21C11T2K2

so i dont think having issues with the mobo ...
    That memory is not in this board's memory compatibility list. That means it may not work, don't be surprised if it doesn't, very common for memory not in the list to not work in a board.

Also, some notes from this board's Memory Support page: ASRock > 990FX Extreme9

Note1: 4PCS= Dual channel, supports 4 modules.
    Note2: 2PCS = Tested successfully with 2 modules.
    Note3: The O.C. mode is not guaranteed. It depends on whole system configuration and other parameters.
    Note4: For system stability, use more efficient memory cooling system to support a full memory load (4 DIMMs) when overclocking.
    Note5: The mainboard supports DDR3-2000 MHz DIMMs only when you install a 6-core cpu to the mainboard.
    Note6: DDR3 2250/2200/2133 MHz will operate at DDR3 2000 MHz when OC.
    Note7: AMD FX series CPU on this motherboard support up to DDR3 1866 MHz as its standard memory frequency.
    Note8: When overclocking, some AMD CPU models may not support DDR3 1600 MHz or higher frequency DIMMs.
    Note9: Due to CPU spec, AMD 100 and 200 series CPUs support up to DDR3 1066 MHz. With ASRock design, this motherboard can support DDR3 1333 MHz.

So,i would be glad if you could tell me a good set up with a budget of 1050 euro for the tower.. i just want to have the amd fx 8 core 8350,the rest componets is a problem for me , cause i dont know how they will work together,i want a trusted opinion..
    thanks a lot for everything waiting for reply soon.

- wardog - is offline Spam Killer

You don't say what you plan on using this computer for, or the intended operating system.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the PSU Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be the PSU causing issues. I do(Lifetime PRO ver.) and will mention so if it is marginal for your build.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Mine: ASRock Z77 Extreme6, i7-3770K, 16GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, Seasonic X-750 Gold, On-die HD 4000, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Hers: ASRock 990FX Extreme4, FX-4170, 16GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-650 Gold, Asus HD7770-2GD5, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Server 1: ASRock 990FX Extreme9, FX-8150, 32GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015, PowerColor AX5450 1GBK3-SH, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design XL R2
    Server 2: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+, A10-6800K, 16GB F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL, Seasonic SS-660XP2, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    IMHO, the 990FX Extreme9 on the high side and the 990FX Extreme4 at the minimun.

I personally wouldn't go with less than the current 990FX boards. Which is what the FX series processors were designed around. You will find the power section on 990FX boards are superior, and that's for a reason.

List of ASRock boards that oficially support the FX-8350
    ok , the main purpose will be the 3ds max studio 2014 plus render, and thesoftware will bi windows 8.1

Thread Information