Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-tuning showing no text

v4lu3s is offline Junior Member

Default A-tuning showing no text

I recently upgraded to a z87 pro3 and i7-4770k and once the system was stable and running well I installed A-Tuning from the CD to tweak things and see what kind of overclocks I could get.

The version on the CD installed without problems, but when I opened it it there was almost no text visible on the program console. I deleted it and downloaded the newest version from the Asrock website, and it had the same problem. I have also tried running as administrator but that did not help. Including a screen shot to illustrate.

What am I missing here? Been trying to search google and forums and I am either not finding anything or using the wrong search terms....thanks for any advice!

Name:  a-tuning blank.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  122.5 KB

parsec is online now Senior Member

Default Re: A-tuning showing no text

That's weird.

Open the following folder on your OS drive: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\A-Tuning

Once there find the folders Conf and _Conf. Open the Conf folder first. Again the full path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\A-Tuning\Conf\

You might recognize the file names in this folder as the names of ASRock boards. Your board's file is near the bottom, named Z87P3.

You can actually look at that file since it is XML code, used by Internet browsers. Double clicking it (in Windows 8) will open IE and show the file's contents. Don't change it, no need to do so, just verifying it exists and is Ok. It should have many lines in it, scrolling down quite a while.

If the files are there and yours is not empty, then something else is wrong and we'll take it from there.

v4lu3s is offline Junior Member

Thanks, both conf files are there and have many lines of XML.

By any chance does A-Tuning need to be installed under an administrator account?

Worth a try, usually a simple right click and "Run as Administrator" will do it. That's what I do.

Coredog is offline Junior Member

So has anyone found the solution to this problem? i am having the same problem and i am no a admin account. It bugging the heck out of me.

- wardog - is online now Spam Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Coredog View Post
    So has anyone found the solution to this problem? i am having the same problem and i am no a admin account. It bugging the heck out of me.
    Assuming the Run as Admin worked, ask the person with Admin Rights to set it to Run as Admin
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the PSU Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be the PSU causing issues. I do(Lifetime PRO ver.) and will mention so if it is marginal for your build.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

ASRock Z77 Extreme6, i7-3770K, 16GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, Seasonic SS-660XP2 Platinum, On-die HD 4000, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Server 1: ASRock 990FX Extreme9, FX-8150, 32GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015 (IT Mode), PowerColor AX5450 1GBK3-SH, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design XL R2
    Server 2: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+, A10-6800K, 16GB F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL, Seasonic X750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015 (IT Mode), On-die HD 8670D, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

- wardog - is online now Spam Killer

And BTW, Hello from SW MI

The thing is im on a admin account, and it doesn't matter if run it as a administrator or not. Its the weirdest thing. no other program that i found does it. and im from SW Mi too.

Did you just get that board and have a new Windows installation? Did you run the Intel Chipset installation program, INF driver ver:9.4.0.1026 on the download page?

I have the same board, and have never seen this happen with A-Tuning.

I just got the board, installed all the drivers and utilities from the disk. I even did as you suggested and install INF driver ver: 9.40.1026 also ive tried different versions of A-tuning. Its my only program that doesn't have text like shown in the OP. and yes it is a fresh install on my new samsung 840 evo ssd which is an awesome ssd btw haha. I love the board but i can't use any of the features without that program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information