Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By - wardog -

Thread: B75M-ITX board power on using CIR header

  1. #1
    jaykellogg is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pottstown, PA
    Posts
    3

    Default B75M-ITX board power on using CIR header

    I would like to know if this motherboard can be powered on utilizing an IR sensor connected to the CIR header.

    Specifically, I would like to the use Inteset USB Internal Infrared (IR) Receiver. USB Internal Infrared (IR) Receiver Only with Cable and Mounting Bracket. Specialty Computer Products

    I believe that it is possible to do with an external USB IR receiver, but I prefer to have the IR receiver mounted on the case for a cleaner looking installation.

    I have built a HTPC running WMC and am now trying to develop the hardware list for the three extenders that I will add to the network.

  2. #2
    boondocks's Avatar
    boondocks is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: B75M-ITX board power on using CIR header

    Quote Originally Posted by jaykellogg View Post
    I would like to know if this motherboard can be powered on utilizing an IR sensor connected to the CIR header.

    Specifically, I would like to the use Inteset USB Internal Infrared (IR) Receiver. USB Internal Infrared (IR) Receiver Only with Cable and Mounting Bracket. Specialty Computer Products

    I believe that it is possible to do with an external USB IR receiver, but I prefer to have the IR receiver mounted on the case for a cleaner looking installation.

    I have built a HTPC running WMC and am now trying to develop the hardware list for the three extenders that I will add to the network.
    I would think since the CIR header is present that it should work just fine for powering up the pc...but I don't know for sure.

    I have an HTPC using a Z68 PRO 3M, and I use the Asrock sensor (comes with their remote) plugged into a front USB port of my nMediaPC 5000 case. You have to plug the USB port into the CIR header on the motherboard.
    I bought the remote/sensor off Ebay but Asrock probably still sells them.

    Hopefully you can get specific info about your board.
    Z87X-UD5H /4770K delidded /F9 mod BIOS
    4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4/16X 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    Case Labs SM8 w/triple pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor AX7950 2DHV4 x2 w/EK blocks / Xonar DSX Audio
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx1 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only
    2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 4x480 rads/AP15 fans / Raystorm
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

  3. #3
    - wardog -'s Avatar
    - wardog - is offline Spam Killer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,112

    Default Re: B75M-ITX board power on using CIR header

    It would appear so after reading THIS thread. HTPC must be in S5 state and also you must either change the pins on the included generic(?) Inteset cable to match ASRock's pinout our buy the ASRock cable from Inteset themselves.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

    #2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

    #3 - Please use the PSU Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be the PSU causing issues. I do(Lifetime PRO ver.) and will mention so if it is marginal for your build.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

    Mine: ASRock Z77 Extreme6, i7-3770K, 16GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, Seasonic X-750 Gold, On-die HD 4000, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Hers: ASRock 990FX Extreme4, FX-4170, 16GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-650 Gold, Asus HD7770-2GD5, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Server 1: ASRock 990FX Extreme9, FX-8150, 32GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015, PowerColor AX5450 1GBK3-SH, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design XL R2
    Server 2: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+, A10-6800K, 16GB F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL, Seasonic SS-660XP2, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

  4. #4
    jaykellogg is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pottstown, PA
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: B75M-ITX board power on using CIR header

    Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    It would appear so after reading THIS thread. HTPC must be in S5 state and also you must either change the pins on the included generic(?) Inteset cable to match ASRock's pinout our buy the ASRock cable from Inteset themselves.
    wardog - thank you for the reply and the great info in your signature. I updated my signature and system components in my profile. I checked out the PSU calculator and it stated tat 198W was needed. Again, thanks for the info since I was planning on using a PSU that was only 200W but am now planning on a 300W. I will also make sure to purchase the ASRock cable so that I do not have to change any pins.

    I am not familiar with S5 state. If what I just read I understood correctly since this motherboard has a CIR header (I assume for this purpose) if the HTPC is powered down power remains on at the CIR header therefore providing power to the IR sensor so that a remote can power on the HTPC.

    thanks again!
    ASRock B75M-ITX
    i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
    GeiL EVO 8GB (2x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
    Mushkin MKNSSDCR120GB 2.5" SATA III
    Pioneer 8X BD-ROM
    IR Receiver - Inteset Systems = USB Internal Infrared (IR) Receiver

  5. #5
    - wardog -'s Avatar
    - wardog - is offline Spam Killer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,112

    Default Re: B75M-ITX board power on using CIR header

    Quote Originally Posted by jaykellogg View Post
    I am not familiar with S5 state. If what I just read I understood correctly since this motherboard has a CIR header (I assume for this purpose) if the HTPC is powered down power remains on at the CIR header therefore providing power to the IR sensor so that a remote can power on the HTPC.
    You're welcome.

    From what I understand having never set one up with a remote is the motherboard will need configured to remain in/at the ACPI S5 state (normal Windows "Shut down' is S5, not Hibernate or other). In looking at BIOS settings in the online manual "Deep Sleep" already defaults to "Enabled in S5" and the other, "USB Keyboard/Remote Power On" will need to be set Enabled for an external input(MCE remote) to wake/boot the system..

    ASRocks own MCE remote, the ASRock Smart Remote lists the CIR receiver it uses as compatible with your B75M-ITX, so yes, that is the CIR's intended use.
    jaykellogg likes this.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

    #2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

    #3 - Please use the PSU Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be the PSU causing issues. I do(Lifetime PRO ver.) and will mention so if it is marginal for your build.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

    Mine: ASRock Z77 Extreme6, i7-3770K, 16GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, Seasonic X-750 Gold, On-die HD 4000, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Hers: ASRock 990FX Extreme4, FX-4170, 16GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-650 Gold, Asus HD7770-2GD5, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Server 1: ASRock 990FX Extreme9, FX-8150, 32GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015, PowerColor AX5450 1GBK3-SH, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design XL R2
    Server 2: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+, A10-6800K, 16GB F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL, Seasonic SS-660XP2, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

  6. #6
    jaykellogg is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pottstown, PA
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: B75M-ITX board power on using CIR header

    Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    You're welcome.

    From what I understand having never set one up with a remote is the motherboard will need configured to remain in/at the ACPI S5 state (normal Windows "Shut down' is S5, not Hibernate or other). In looking at BIOS settings in the online manual "Deep Sleep" already defaults to "Enabled in S5" and the other, "USB Keyboard/Remote Power On" will need to be set Enabled for an external input(MCE remote) to wake/boot the system..

    ASRocks own MCE remote, the ASRock Smart Remote lists the CIR receiver it uses as compatible with your B75M-ITX, so yes, that is the CIR's intended use.
    Thanks again. I will be using this setup!
    ASRock B75M-ITX
    i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
    GeiL EVO 8GB (2x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
    Mushkin MKNSSDCR120GB 2.5" SATA III
    Pioneer 8X BD-ROM
    IR Receiver - Inteset Systems = USB Internal Infrared (IR) Receiver

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •