Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock 960GC-GS FX Latest Bios Wont Stay In Sleep Mode

ArferDaley is offline Junior Member

Default ASRock 960GC-GS FX Latest Bios Wont Stay In Sleep Mode

Hi Folks
    just got this board quite impressed apart from it wont stay asleep ive tried disabling mouse and keyboard too allow them too wake the pc along with all the other settings in power settings any help would be greatly recieved

parsec is online now Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock 960GC-GS FX Latest Bios Wont Stay In Sleep Mode

Have you checked and disabled the wake on LAN settings for the Realtek 8111G chip in Device Manager?

Your thread title seems to say that the latest BIOS has this problem, so did previous versions Sleep fine?

hi thanks for your swift reply

I have just got this motherboard the bios was p1.30 I think
    normally I never update the bios on motherboards unless its needed I normally leave well alone but as I have this problem I thought I would give it a shot as I've exhausted all other avenues disabled every setting I can think of so far I am running a 64bit win pro
    over the weekend I might try a reinstall to the 32bit version just in case this board don't like 64bit you never know LOl on a side note I was running a FOXCONN MBoard 6150M2MA-KRS2H from 2006 until now 2014 the caps blew last week and it was whey faster than this board I swapped out the cpu and ram etc too this board however I do understand I need too tweak the settings but if I cant get the sleep mode sorted its going back too the shop
    thanks again for your input
    PS
    please note: I have got it too the stage that most times it will go into sleep mode and wakes too record my tv stuff but then fails to go back into sleep mode so progress of sorts
    Last edited by ArferDaley; 02-06-2014 at 09:04 PM.

ok update on the above
    after messing with all the settings in bios and a complete format and reinstall of w7pro 64bit still the same fault
    so I reformatted again this time installing w7pro 32bit and hey presto sleep mode works fine
    ive lost 1Gb of memory but hey no big deal atleast my pc don't have sleepless nights anymore
    and too be honest as most infact all of my software that I use is 32bit all is well
    also I think that 64bit actually ran a tad slower on this board
    moderator me thinks you can close this thread :)
    Last edited by ArferDaley; 02-12-2014 at 11:33 PM. Reason: after thought

Thread Information