Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock X79 Extreme9 error code 19

Doomgrin75 is offline Junior Member

Default ASRock X79 Extreme9 error code 19

After assembling the hardware listed below, turning on the power results in no display and error code 19 on the DrDiag digitial display. I have reseated the CPU, memory, and reset the CMOS twice, using both the rear button and the jumper. I have alternated through the RAM and with older known good RAM right out of another computer. I have tried a simpler video card with no change. I have removed all components except a single RAM stick and the CPU and still receive the same error code. The board will only boot with a CPU in place, so at least the fans and lights come on when the CPU is installed.

I have not gotten far enough to see the BIOS to be able to perform any configuration or Bios update.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
    Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 12g Thermal Paste
    Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme9 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: Toshiba Q Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced ATX Full Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)

parsec is online now Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock X79 Extreme9 error code 19

POST code 19 is a memory problem, as you seem to know.

You just can't use any memory in current mother boards, compatibility is essential. What is the full model number of your Corsair memory?

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    POST code 19 is a memory problem, as you seem to know.

You just can't use any memory in current mother boards, compatibility is essential. What is the full model number of your Corsair memory?
    CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10

Heard back from the tech services email. They are saying my Bios needs updating and have forwarded to customer service to mail me a Bios chip since I cannot get far enough to to it via the console. Hope it comes with install instructions. I am also not sure about the fix because I tried a older 2GB stick of DDR3 and still got the same error.

- wardog - is offline Spam Killer

Most likely your BIOS needs updated because the current BIOS on the board is older than 3.60. Your 4820K needs 3.60 or better to operate properly.

Across from the lowest slot is a white sticker that shows what BIOS was flashed when it was new from the factory. I'm guessing it's lower than 3.60 that's printed on it.

ASRock > X79 Extreme9 > CPU Support List
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the PSU Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be the PSU causing issues. I do(Lifetime PRO ver.) and will mention so if it is marginal for your build.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Mine: ASRock Z77 Extreme6, i7-3770K, 16GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, Seasonic X-750 Gold, On-die HD 4000, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Hers: ASRock 990FX Extreme4, FX-4170, 16GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-650 Gold, Asus HD7770-2GD5, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Server 1: ASRock 990FX Extreme9, FX-8150, 32GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015, PowerColor AX5450 1GBK3-SH, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design XL R2
    Server 2: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+, A10-6800K, 16GB F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL, Seasonic SS-660XP2, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Most likely your BIOS needs updated because the current BIOS on the board is older than 3.60. Your 4820K needs 3.60 or better to operate properly.

Across from the lowest slot is a white sticker that shows what BIOS was flashed when it was new from the factory. I'm guessing it's lower than 3.60 that's printed on it.

ASRock > X79 Extreme9 > CPU Support List
    Says P3.90-15B ... and I did put that on the support ticket. However the Cosair Memory I have is CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 and it not even on the memory list. I noticed none of the 8GB chips are listed, but with 8 slots x 8GB is the only way to max out the board's 64GB
    Last edited by Doomgrin75; 02-23-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Thread Information