Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 Wrong Temp. Sensor

dhelazt is offline Junior Member

Default Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 Wrong Temp. Sensor

Hy Everybody...

I have a problem with my mainboard, hardware monitor reporting very high temperature on MB Temperature and Processor. But, AXTU reporting correct temperatures. Even Hardware Monitor in BIOS/UEFI reporting wrong temperature on MB Temp. Sometime my PC shut down suddenly when i playing a game like Far Cry 3. This is screen shot from my PC, show different temperature report :
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  124.8 KB
    My PC Specification :
    Intel Core I3 2100
    Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 (Bios P1.50)
    2 X 2GB DDR3
    Sapphire HD7790
    Corsair CX500

Thanks

parsec is online now Senior Member

Default Re: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 Wrong Temp. Sensor

First, some of the temperatures shown by Hardware Monitor Pro are wrong as you said. That program does not know which temperature sensors are really being used, so ignore the CPUTIN, SYSTIN, etc. If they were right your PC would either be damaged or would shut down even at idle.

You can see that the CPU temperature in AXTU matches the Core temperatures in Hardware Monitor Pro, so HW Pro is correct about that.

What temperatures are you seeing in the UEFI/BIOS?

Try this program for checking your system temperatures and many other readings: HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

The power supply voltage readings in AXTU are very high, to high if they are correct, and out of spec. See what HWiNFO64 shows for those voltages.

Also, HWiNFO will show some sensors that are not used, just like HW Pro, but most of them will be correct.

IMO, 37C for the CPU temp for your CPU is high, what are you using for a CPU cooler? What PC case are you using?

Joe-912 is offline Junior Member

Blimey, is that vcore voltage right ? 2.040v at 1600.00MHz

- wardog - is offline Spam Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-912 View Post
    Blimey, is that vcore voltage right ? 2.040v at 1600.00MHz
    Heh, not only that but look at 3.3v, 5v, and 12v.

Something's amiss there.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the PSU Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be the PSU causing issues. I do(Lifetime PRO ver.) and will mention so if it is marginal for your build.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

ASRock Z77 Extreme6, i7-3770K, 16GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, Seasonic SS-660XP2 Platinum, On-die HD 4000, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Server 1: ASRock 990FX Extreme9, FX-8150, 32GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015 (IT Mode), PowerColor AX5450 1GBK3-SH, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design XL R2
    Server 2: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+, A10-6800K, 16GB F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL, Seasonic X750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015 (IT Mode), On-die HD 8670D, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    First, some of the temperatures shown by Hardware Monitor Pro are wrong as you said. That program does not know which temperature sensors are really being used, so ignore the CPUTIN, SYSTIN, etc. If they were right your PC would either be damaged or would shut down even at idle.

You can see that the CPU temperature in AXTU matches the Core temperatures in Hardware Monitor Pro, so HW Pro is correct about that.

What temperatures are you seeing in the UEFI/BIOS?

Try this program for checking your system temperatures and many other readings: HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

The power supply voltage readings in AXTU are very high, to high if they are correct, and out of spec. See what HWiNFO64 shows for those voltages.

Also, HWiNFO will show some sensors that are not used, just like HW Pro, but most of them will be correct.

IMO, 37C for the CPU temp for your CPU is high, what are you using for a CPU cooler? What PC case are you using?
    This Screen Shot from my Bios :
    Name:  aa.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  133.5 KB
    It report high temperature and show very high voltage. But, i've try using digital mutimeter to measure the voltage and it seems the voltage is fine. 12V rail reported 12.1V on idle and drop to 11.97 at high load. HWInfo64 can't read voltage sensor, just like another hardware monitoring.

This is my HWInfo screen shot :
    Name:  a.png
Views: 232
Size:  61.3 KB
    I'm using DeepCool Gammax S40 CPU Cooler and Dazumba D-Vito 902 Case. CPU Fan run at ~900RPM.
    Last edited by dhelazt; 03-20-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Dazumba D-Vito 902 Case. I like that hot bay this case has on top.

120mm fans galore, 5 of 'em come with, but where are you powering them from? The MB's pins using splitters, or direct from the PSU?

In the BIOS, what's the vCore set at? Suspiciously, in those screenies it isn't budging one way or the other. Just sitting there rock solid like.

Down in the lower right corner of the MB and above the SATA ports is a white sticker. What does it all say that's printed on it?

Lastly, is that S40 cooler by chance resting against the memory? Or anything else in the case?

And is this a new build or one that been running for some time now?

parsec is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dhelazt View Post
    This is my HWInfo screen shot :
    Name:  a.png
Views: 232
Size:  61.3 KB
    I'm using DeepCool Gammax S40 CPU Cooler and Dazumba D-Vito 902 Case. CPU Fan run at ~900RPM.
    I think the hardware sensor chip on your board has gone bad, or if you just got this board the sensor chip is defective. Your CPU would be destroyed with 2V. A few of the readings are right, but only those taken directly from the CPU, anything that is measured or controlled by the mother board is wrong. I've never seen this before.

Either return the board to the retailer, or RMA it to ASRock.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Dazumba D-Vito 902 Case. I like that hot bay this case has on top.

120mm fans galore, 5 of 'em come with, but where are you powering them from? The MB's pins using splitters, or direct from the PSU?

In the BIOS, what's the vCore set at? Suspiciously, in those screenies it isn't budging one way or the other. Just sitting there rock solid like.

Down in the lower right corner of the MB and above the SATA ports is a white sticker. What does it all say that's printed on it?

Lastly, is that S40 cooler by chance resting against the memory? Or anything else in the case?
    Only 2 Fan get power from MB, and another FAN connected directly to PSU. All Voltage set to Auto, no OC. white sticker show bios Version and this my PC :
    Name:  1982329_10200746436903767_1494893199_n.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  46.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I think the hardware sensor chip on your board has gone bad, or if you just got this board the sensor chip is defective. Your CPU would be destroyed with 2V. A few of the readings are right, but only those taken directly from the CPU, anything that is measured or controlled by the mother board is wrong. I've never seen this before.

Either return the board to the retailer, or RMA it to ASRock.
    I think the sensor is gone bad, because first time i get this MB everything is fine. It's happen after i replace my old Corsair VS450 with Corsair CX500 and the sensor report incorrect values. Some hardware monitor like AIDA64 reporting correct voltage, at 1600MHz just 0.9V and at full load around 1.1-1.2V. I think this problem caused by bad sensor. One last question, this MB use Nuvoton NCT6776D but all hardware monitoring detect it as NCT6776F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information