Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: e3c224-4l discrete gpu problems?

nateblasted32 is offline Junior Member

Question e3c224-4l discrete gpu problems?

So I just bought this motherboard just a few days ago and the onboard video works fine and everything (BIOS updated to rev. 1.5, BMC... stock) I'm using windows 8.1 on this machine and when I plug in my Nvidia gtx 660ti and set it up to be the main display output I get nothing on screen, but it gets power as the fan on it spins. Dr. Debug used to show me an A2 for having the card installed and a D6 for not having the VGA attached to the onboard, but it now boots around both of those (showing nothing on screen to be usable but the display works if the onboard VGA is plugged in.)

processor - Intel E3-1240v3
    Video card - EVGA Superclocked+ Nvidia GTX 660Ti
    RAM KVR16E11S8/4 x2

If anything else is needed let me know. (sorry I haven't filled out my profile - don't have the time to do it now)

ASRockRack TSD - Bill is offline ASRockRack Tech Support Staff

Default Re: e3c224-4l discrete gpu problems?

Quote Originally Posted by nateblasted32 View Post
    So I just bought this motherboard just a few days ago and the onboard video works fine and everything (BIOS updated to rev. 1.5, BMC... stock) I'm using windows 8.1 on this machine and when I plug in my Nvidia gtx 660ti and set it up to be the main display output I get nothing on screen, but it gets power as the fan on it spins. Dr. Debug used to show me an A2 for having the card installed and a D6 for not having the VGA attached to the onboard, but it now boots around both of those (showing nothing on screen to be usable but the display works if the onboard VGA is plugged in.)

processor - Intel E3-1240v3
    Video card - EVGA Superclocked+ Nvidia GTX 660Ti
    RAM KVR16E11S8/4 x2

If anything else is needed let me know. (sorry I haven't filled out my profile - don't have the time to do it now)
    Were you using PCIe #4 or #6 for the video card? And did you change anything in BIOS - Primary Graphics Adapter setting? Without the PCIe video card, is the onboard VGA able to POST now?

I have tried both pci-e slots and the bios changes were the HDD boot priority (since it was selecting a drive with no bootloader first) disabling the serial ports,enabling spread spectrum (this thing can't be OC'd so that is no problem), and I did leave the on board graphics on auto (isn't that supposed to disable them with the lack of a vga cable?)... the video default has been pci-express the whole time I also changed the first fan profile from automatic to smart fan in the hardware monitor page. The Onboard video is able to post and has been from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by nateblasted32 View Post
    I have tried both pci-e slots and the bios changes were the HDD boot priority (since it was selecting a drive with no bootloader first) disabling the serial ports,enabling spread spectrum (this thing can't be OC'd so that is no problem), and I did leave the on board graphics on auto (isn't that supposed to disable them with the lack of a vga cable?)... the video default has been pci-express the whole time I also changed the first fan profile from automatic to smart fan in the hardware monitor page. The Onboard video is able to post and has been from the start.
    When you were using PCIe #6 for the video card, did you have anything in the PCIe #4?

I had not, it was one or the other. (I only have 1 video card)

I put together a same setup here quickly but with an eVGA GF GTX 760, display is able to show POST through the DVI port of the video card without changing anything in the default BIOS. So, Onboard VGA = Auto and Primary Graphics Adapter = PCI Express still. See my screen shot.

Name:  20140514_133727.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  142.6 KB

BIOS P1.50
    BMC 0.16.0

Please make sure you have plugged in both power to the video card, otherwise, doesn't hurt to try another PSU.

Yea, I found out that the majority of my problem... is something happened to my video card as I was installing it onto this board. (between yet another motherboard proving it by not booting, and a different card a friend loaned me booting) I'm pretty sure here is where this conversation ends. I just have a choice to make between motherboards o.o

Good to know that.

Thread Information