Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Linux (Ubuntu) on the H87/97M (pro4)

hbc
    hbc is offline Junior Member

Default Linux (Ubuntu) on the H87/97M (pro4)

Does anyone have linux running on the H87M or H97M motherboards? Does, sound, networking, HDMI video, etc work out of the box?

What distro's and configurations have you tried that worked/didn't work?

I googled a thread where there was an issue with the H87M on shutdown (it would restart after shutting down) the author said that a later bios took care of the issue but I can't find that web page now. Any other know issues?

Thanks!

bennylb is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Linux (Ubuntu) on the H87/97M (pro4)

Quote Originally Posted by hbc View Post
    Does anyone have linux running on the H87M or H97M motherboards? Does, sound, networking, HDMI video, etc work out of the box?

What distro's and configurations have you tried that worked/didn't work?

I googled a thread where there was an issue with the H87M on shutdown (it would restart after shutting down) the author said that a later bios took care of the issue but I can't find that web page now. Any other know issues?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I can confirm that H87M runs perfectly on linux out of the box as I am running ASRock H87M Pro 4 with an Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3. I am currently running Arch LInux but previously had Ubuntu on it.

Cheers

Thread Information