Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CRUCIAL BALLISTIX: need to know

GaemFucious is offline Junior Member

Default CRUCIAL BALLISTIX: need to know

I am very keen on using Crucial Ballistix with the fatal1ty z97 pro board, but I don't see any crucial listed on the vendor list for this board (I am specifically looking at this pair of sticks). I would just like to know if anyone has experience with this pairing...

Norz is offline Junior Member

Default Re: CRUCIAL BALLISTIX: need to know

I will find out in 2-3 days, i have ordered myself a Asrock Z97 Pro4 and the Pentium G3258 to play with. Will update to latest 1.30 bios before I start pushing the mobo
    I have a few sets of ddr3 at home, Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 2x4GB,Team Extreme 2000Mhz CL9 4x2Gb (TXD32048M2000HC9-L) and Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24 1,5v (BLT4G3D1608DT1TX0CEU) 4x4Gb

I have no clue if any of those will work on the Asrock,but I will know soon.
    I can give a note here if youre interested in the Crucial compability.

cheers

EDIT: Not the same board,but its the new Z97 and fairly the same memory compability from my experience with Asrock

GaemFucious is offline Junior Member

That would be great, thanks!

- wardog - is offline Spam Killer

Judging by Crucials' website compatibility list, yes it is.

8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 PC3-14900 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.5V 512Meg x 64 | Crucial USA

Enter at the Crucial Advisor tool on the left of the page:
    1 — ASRock
    2 — ASRock Motherboards
    3 — Fatal1ty Z97 Professional
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the PSU Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be the PSU causing issues. I do(Lifetime PRO ver.) and will mention so if it is marginal for your build.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

ASRock Z77 Extreme6, i7-3770K, 16GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, Seasonic SS-660XP2 Platinum, On-die HD 4000, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Server 1: ASRock 990FX Extreme9, FX-8150, 32GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015 (IT Mode), PowerColor AX5450 1GBK3-SH, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design XL R2
    Server 2: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+, A10-6800K, 16GB F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL, Seasonic X750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015 (IT Mode), On-die HD 8670D, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Norz is offline Junior Member

Yes sire,with that said,I have never ever had any problems with compability with Crucial memory on any MB as far as I can remember.
    Mostly been using Gigabyte and Asus the last year or so, and in the past there were DFI (for socket 939/775/x58) and even further back Abit (socket A cpus)

Thread Information