Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Fatal1ty Z77 & DDR3 . problems and help

arb2000 is offline Junior Member

Default Fatal1ty Z77 & DDR3 . problems and help

Hi, I´ll try to explain it as best as I can.

I have an Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 with 6 GB DDR3. I bought another 8 GB. It´s (value ram) kingston KVR1333D3N9. But it doesn´t work. It beeps 3 short beeps. looking for it, says ... problems with first 64 kb.

I´ve been reading and looking for, and I found that this motherboard, works with same RAM, but KVR1333D3N9H. Yes ... it´s not the same.... but it only means (I guess) that this memory is STR (Self Temperature Refreshing)

I thought to reset mb but someone told me that if I reset my mb and doesn´t work with my new RAM, won´t work with the old memory. It sounds extrañe, so better ask this question before doing anything.

If anyone could help me ... it would be great.

Thanks
    Angel

parsec is online now Senior Member

Default Re: Fatal1ty Z77 & DDR3 . problems and help

Resetting the board/BIOS will not cause the board to not work with your old memory, if it worked in the past, it should work now, or after a reset.

But my question is, are you mixing your old and new memory together in the board at the same time? If so, and your old memory is not the same model as the new memory, that is probably the reason you get the error beeps when you start the PC. You cannot mix different models of DDR3 memory in a board and expect it to work, it won't.

Thread Information