Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Missing BIOS features

  1. #1
    mrfreeze49 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18

    Default Missing BIOS features

    I'm missing the "Load Optimized GPU OC Setting" and "Advanced Turbo" in my BIOS. I just put this system together and updated UEFI to 1.33. I know these features were available the first time I accessed the BIOS during assembly and such but both settings are now gone. Now that I've sorted everything out I want to start tweaking the system and would like to utilize these features. Anyone?

    Z97 Extreme6 (1.33)
    Intel 4790k
    16gb G.Skill RipJaws 1600mhz 9.9.9.24
    WD Raptor 300gb
    Pioneer BD-ROM
    PC P&C 750w Silencer
    NZXT Tempest
    Noctua U14S
    Windows 7 64bit

    Mrfreeze

  2. #2
    pmonroe is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Missing BIOS features

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfreeze49 View Post
    I'm missing the "Load Optimized GPU OC Setting" and "Advanced Turbo" in my BIOS. I just put this system together and updated UEFI to 1.33. I know these features were available the first time I accessed the BIOS during assembly and such but both settings are now gone. Now that I've sorted everything out I want to start tweaking the system and would like to utilize these features. Anyone?

    Z97 Extreme6 (1.33)
    Intel 4790k
    16gb G.Skill RipJaws 1600mhz 9.9.9.24
    WD Raptor 300gb
    Pioneer BD-ROM
    PC P&C 750w Silencer
    NZXT Tempest
    Noctua U14S
    Windows 7 64bit

    Mrfreeze
    I have the same motherboard and CPU as you do. The "Load Optimized GPU OC Setting" is on the 2nd tab in the BIOS under OC Tweaker. It is shown on page 89 of the motherboard PDF manual. "Advanced Turbo" is right above it, the first item in the OC Tweaker tab.
    Last edited by pmonroe; 07-21-2014 at 09:52 AM.

  3. #3
    mrfreeze49 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Missing BIOS features

    Quote Originally Posted by pmonroe View Post
    I have the same motherboard and CPU as you do. The "Load Optimized GPU OC Setting" is on the 2nd tab in the BIOS under OC Tweaker. It is shown on page 82 of the motherboard PDF manual. "Advanced Turbo" is right above it, the first item in the OC Tweaker tab.
    Thanks. I am aware of that. The first time I entered the BIOS I saw all three. Now there is only the "Load Optimized CPU OC Settings". It's blank directly above and below.

  4. #4
    godto is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    237

    Default Re: Missing BIOS features

    what happen to Z97 Extreme6 bios 1.33 .. should i roll back to 1.30 ?? because it not on the Asrock website anymore.. i just hope 1.33 doesn't have problem

  5. #5
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    3,850

    Default Re: Missing BIOS features

    ASRock would not remove BIOS 1.33 without a reason, although we don't know specifically what that is. We have seen a fair amount of people posting in this forum with various issues while using BIOS 1.33. I have this board and don't use 1.33 and don't have any problems. I'd say it is safe to assume it is best not to use it.

    If BIOS 1.30 worked fine for you, then I'd say change to 1.30. I strongly suggest using the Instant Flash method, or besides that the Internet Flash method.

    Personally, I use BIOS 1.20, which has worked fine for me, besides occasional issues with mouse recognition when I clear the CMOS/BIOS.

  6. #6
    mrfreeze49 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Missing BIOS features

    Thanks. I think I will go back to 1.30 and see what happens. I will post back results.

  7. #7
    mrfreeze49 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Missing BIOS features

    I back flashed to 1.30 and no change. I still don't have those missing features. I emailed tech support and hope they have a suggestion or two.

  8. #8
    godto is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    237

    Default Re: Missing BIOS features

    i also back flash to 1.30 .. testing OC gain ... hehehehehe

    did you try to do it window Auto Tune(turn out pretty good) .... try and then go into bios to see if it show up

  9. #9
    mrfreeze49 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Missing BIOS features

    Quote Originally Posted by godto View Post
    i also back flash to 1.30 .. testing OC gain ... hehehehehe

    did you try to do it window Auto Tune(turn out pretty good) .... try and then go into bios to see if it show up

    What is windows Auto Tune?

  10. #10
    pmonroe is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Missing BIOS features

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfreeze49 View Post
    What is windows Auto Tune?
    I'm guessing he meant ASRock's A-Tuning Utility that comes with the motherboard.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •