Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Temperature problems ASRock Vision 3D

Berserker is offline Junior Member

Default Temperature problems ASRock Vision 3D

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some problems with my AS Rock Vision 3D machine.
    In my opinion is gets way too hot, the CPU temp according to OC tuner is about 80 degrees (case also feels quite hot)
    The load is not very heavy, just Windows 7 ultimate and XBMC

Got some good tips from : Asrock visionx gets very hot but unfortunately not with good results.

Things i've done to improve temp
    - Raised the machine and inch from desk to improve airflow.
    - Installed all drivers via CD rom supplied with machine
    - Set fanspeed to full in BIOS

I'm no IT pro but it looks like AS rock machines are overclocked by default? (CPU ratio?)
    Is it possible to tune it down a bit? as I do not need a very fast machine just for XBMC and Win7

If yes, can you explain how to do this?

Thanks!

- wardog - is offline Spam Killer

Default Re: Temperature problems ASRock Vision 3D

Is that 80c while at idle? I'll skip asking the is it clean and has good airflow q's, but can you verify the coolers fan is spinning?

What model of Vision 3D do you have?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the PSU Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be the PSU causing issues. I do(Lifetime PRO ver.) and will mention so if it is marginal for your build.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

ASRock Z77 Extreme6, i7-3770K, 16GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR, Seasonic SS-660XP2 Platinum, On-die HD 4000, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl w/Window
    Server 1: ASRock 990FX Extreme9, FX-8150, 32GB AE316G1601U2K, Seasonic X-750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015 (IT Mode), PowerColor AX5450 1GBK3-SH, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design XL R2
    Server 2: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+, A10-6800K, 16GB F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL, Seasonic X750 Gold, IBM ServeRAID M1015 (IT Mode), On-die HD 8670D, Corsair H80i, Antec Spot Cool, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

parsec is online now Senior Member

Default Re: Temperature problems ASRock Vision 3D

The processors used in the Vision 3D series PCs are all Intel mobile/laptop processors, that cannot be over clocked at all. There is no automatic OC on those CPUs.

You may be able to "turn it down a bit" as you said, but I need to check the manual for the BIOS settings. I hope they have the CPU power saving options enabled by default, a must for mobile processors that are still using a laptop style CPU cooler in those PCs.

Yes, we need to know what model you have and if you've added any drives to it, etc.

Thread Information