I tried to update my bios from v1.00 -> 1.10, and my PC is dead now.
ASRock > Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
The way looks like that:
- PC restored form hibernation (maybe that was main problem)
- i launched Windows flash utility under Windows 8.1 x64
- application was working, my screen was blinking from time to time (for 3-4 sec and longer for 10-120 sec about)
- the last blink was very long (about 1- 2min or so)
- after it i see Windows login screen, when i logged in there was no Windows-flash-utlity on it, but my startup application started to launch
- i check under AIDA again, and it said BIOS version is still 1.00
- so i made first decision and rebooted PC insted of trying to re-flash bios
- PC was dead, 2 short beeps
- i tried to reboot it few times (more than 3)
- then i made 2nd bad decision and cleared CMOS (but only for 3-5 sec, not 15 sec like manual is saying to do)
- no changes at all, PC is still dead
My questions are now:
- Is it very bad i cleared CMOS? What are the consequences?
- Has ASRock AMD 990FX Killer some recovery proces to boot up from floppy drive with prepered diskiette with dos-flash-utlity on it? I know for sure some models of motherboard got it - and its working.
- Is is possible to try hot-swap: borken bios-memory-chip under working PC with another motherboard, and then on it try to reflash the bios-memory-chip?
and the last short one:
- Why da hell flashing proces failed in my case? It was cuz restored Windows hibernation proces or what?