Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with Installing Sapphire Dual X 2gb R9 270x video card on 890gx pro3 Motherboard...BIOS issue?

hetron is offline Junior Member

Default Problems with Installing Sapphire Dual X 2gb R9 270x video card on 890gx pro3 Motherboard...BIOS issue?

As above. I have tried to install an X9 270x video card on an 890gx pro3 mother board. My previous card worked well (6870 1gb)but had problems with freezing on certain gains (chief among them skyrim). I decided to get this card. After installing it and changing nothing else, the following issues popped up:

1. Windows only recognizes 12gb ram as usable (still reports 16gb physical RAM, but 4gb is "reserved for hardware"
    2. Games detect my video card and report it as low quality

Is this a bios issue? I have bios 1.40 for the 890gx pro3 installed. Should i try the beta bios 1.53 listed on the ASRock site instead?

Please help!

parsec is online now Senior Member

Default Re: Problems with Installing Sapphire Dual X 2gb R9 270x video card on 890gx pro3 Motherboard...BIOS issue?

It could help to try the beta BIOS, it is newer than the latest official BIOS version.

The games detecting the card as low quality could be many things, from the R9 270x being a PCIe 3.0 capable video card, and your board only supporting PCIe 2.0, driver issues (you did do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the video drivers, right?), to a BIOS issue, or any combination of these.

hetron is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Problems with Installing Sapphire Dual X 2gb R9 270x video card on 890gx pro3 Motherboard...BIOS issue?

I installed the 1.53 bios. Now none of the Steam games will start and it is showing up as 8gb reserved in Windows (instead of 4gb reserved)! It seems the beta bios made it worse, not better. Anyone know if the 7-series amd cards have the same issues as this r9 card had?

Thread Information