Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Rack C2550D4I BMC web interface dead

ryuo is offline Junior Member

Default ASRock Rack C2550D4I BMC web interface dead

This board is using the 1.40 BIOS and was purchased in June this year. It boots and works fine, however the BMC web interface mysteriously died. All I get now on ports 80 and 443 is "connection refused". IPMI access through LAN or through the server OS still works as expected. So, my question is this: Is there some way to reset the BMC to factory defaults? There does not seem to be any way to do this from IPMI, unless there is an undocumented feature somewhere.

ASRockRack TSD - Bill is offline ASRockRack Tech Support Staff

Default Re: ASRock Rack C2550D4I BMC web interface dead

Quote Originally Posted by ryuo View Post
    This board is using the 1.40 BIOS and was purchased in June this year. It boots and works fine, however the BMC web interface mysteriously died. All I get now on ports 80 and 443 is "connection refused". IPMI access through LAN or through the server OS still works as expected. So, my question is this: Is there some way to reset the BMC to factory defaults? There does not seem to be any way to do this from IPMI, unless there is an undocumented feature somewhere.
    ASRock Rack provides a BMC reset software utility. Please contact support at william@asrockamercia.com with your serial number, so we can send you the program.

Quote Originally Posted by ASRockRack TSD - Bill View Post
    ASRock Rack provides a BMC reset software utility. Please contact support at william@asrockamercia.com with your serial number, so we can send you the program.
    Did you mean to say that the email address is located at asrockamerica.com? asrockamercia.com does not show up in my DNS records.

ASRockRack TSD - Bill is offline ASRockRack Tech Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ryuo View Post
    Did you mean to say that the email address is located at asrockamerica.com? asrockamercia.com does not show up in my DNS records.

My mistake, sorry. It's william@asrockamerica.com

I have sent the requested information to the email support address. I await further feedback. Thank you.

Thread Information