Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: N7AD SLi ECC Ram ?

broken toy is offline Junior Member

Default N7AD SLi ECC Ram ?

Hi all, I am currently running an Asrock N7AD Sli board with custom rom 1.30 with an Intel Xeon X5460 cpu. With 4gb ddr2 modules either being scarce, or being sold for through the roof prices, i was considering trying ECC ram as a cheaper alternative. I have read posts saying it will work and some not so sure but no definitive answer. Was wondering if anyone has experience trying this ECC ram with this board ? The fact I am running a server cpu with a custom rom with the server cpu microcodes installed is swaying me to think it might just work. Thanks in advance or any replies.

parsec is online now Senior Member

Default Re: N7AD SLi ECC Ram ?

ECC memory must be supported by both the CPU and chipset in order to work. Since the memory controller is on the chipset in this platform, you'd need to confirm that ECC is supported by the Nvidia chipset. IMO, the chances of that are exactly zero. The Intel chipsets compatible with your CPU support ECC memory.

ECC DDR2 memory is cheaper than standard DDR2 memory?

Thread Information