Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Fix BSOD on laptop that won't start up

pdimbesvari is offline Junior Member

Default Fix BSOD on laptop that won't start up

I am having issues with my laptop. I power it on, and I eventually receive the BSOD with the stop error 0x00000024. I cannot get it to start up in any mode. I have been trying to research for help for days and haven't found anything that will help me. Everyone keeps saying to disable antivirus, check the hard drive, defrag, etc... But how am I supposed to do anything at all on it if I can't get it to start up? I can't access any of the settings or anything. And no one mentions what to do if you can't get into it at all. I also read about this CHKDSK and FDSK, or something like that, but again, I can't do anything on it. I also don't have a cd drive on it. I have a couple USB ports, but no flash sticks to put in there. I have it hooked up to the network through the ethernet cable because I was originally trying to just wipe it and install xp on it again through the ethernet, but I'm having trouble understanding how to do that too. I started trying to figure out how to fix this BSOD because I thought it might be easier to do than reinstalling the OS since I can't get good answers on how to do that over the ethernet. If anyone can tell me how to fix this BSOD without being able to do it from the laptop, like maybe I could access it from this other computer over the network? Is that possible? Or if anyone can tell me how to install a new copy of XP over the network, and tell me if that would fix it or work, I would appreciate that too. I don't know which way is my best option, or how to do either. Thank you.

wazza300 is offline Sloth Fratelli-Moderator

Default Re: Fix BSOD on laptop that won't start up

no splash screen/bios screen?

does it get to windows loading screen?

try pulling out the hdd and then boot up,it will reach bios screen with no hd attached,from a quick google that error points to ntfs file system error which im guessing is on the hdd

could be faulty/failing hdd?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdimbesvari is offline Junior Member

If I hit F2 it will go to the setup menu where I can go to the BIOS screen. This all started because I accidentally closed the lid too hard. The screen froze so I forced it to restart. Then when it came back on, now this is all it does. It shows the windows black screen then goes to the screen to choose which mode to start it in, safe, last known good, etc. None of those options work. It goes to the BSOD screen then restarts. I tried hitting F8 and getting the same option black menu with the start options along with other things like debugging mode and whatever but still does the same thing. Someone told me it could be RAM, another says Hard drive, others say to do a bunch of checks on it. But since I can't do anything on it I don't know how I'm supposed to be disabling antiviruses or defragging or checking the hard drive or anything. Someone sent me links to Hiren's Boot cd and Rufis or whatever so I can turn my flash drive into a boot cd to do the checks. So I guess I'm going to try that. I don't know what kind of problems can occur by closing the lid too hard. If you have any ideas, let me know. Obviously other than being more careful in the future haha.

wazza300 is offline Sloth Fratelli-Moderator

yes try hirens to try and recover any hdd error

I don't know if laptops have a clear cmos button or you could remove the motherboard cmos battery? this would reset the bios/cmos and might let it bootup idk
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaggerwild is offline Member

you gave the reason, you SLAMMED the lid closed period. The hard drive took a hit, till it is fixed or replaced you can jump all over the place blaming it like a little kid.
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    Sapphire 7970 CF
    CorsairAX1200

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4781399

Thread Information