Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Web Cameras

Bokhard is offline Junior Member

What is the best type of web camera on the market, and what specs should I look for if I buy one? Ive seen many web cams that are very choppy looking when you see the picture, and I'm wondering what I need to make sure I have to give the smoothest and best picture. Also would you suggest buying off the internet or just buying locally. Thanks

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

I can't answer your question as to what is the best web cam but I can tell you that your internet connection as well as the connection on the other end and all conections in between need to be good in oder to keep a smooth flowing web video conference. The biggest bottleneck with online video is not likely to be the camera itself but the speed of the connections. If either you or the person on the other end are on a dial up connection then the odds are very good that the picture will be choppy. Generally you must set the quality of the video (i.e. frames per second as well as picture quality) to match your connection speed. Real time video takes up a lot of bandwidth and if you try to send or recieve too high of quality/speed then your connection simply will not be able to keep up. Hopefully someone here can give you a bit more info on camera quaility.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Soultrape is offline Junior Member

http://www.gamershell.com/reviews_AD...ntDVD2.0.shtml

Take a look at that camera, i'm using the FireWire version (though i'm told by my reviewer that its just as good), its simply terrific, USB 2, no compression,

Great quality and speed, everyone that i talk to simply Praise it (as they see me terribly clearly and smoothly over MSN)... you should definately look it over

Thread Information