Searched the Archive and Stickies andgot litte answers. Preferred Benchmark Utility software?
I have a decently designed system... I'm not a gamer and have until today just used onboard graphics.... but Ive always been much more interested in raw processing power.
I noticed 3dMark,Passmark,and PCMark04 in all the stickies. I know most benchmark utilities are specialized to a specific component or subcomponent... but what would be my best bet for benchmarking my CPU/MB?
I realize there are answers in the archives... but they appear to all be older than 4-5 years. Im looking for something more current.
Any insight would be great. Im currently using SiSandra 2010 & upgrading to siSandra 2012 Pro as I type this.
Postscript: As a frequenter of multiple specialty forums... I know asking questions that appear completely moronic to the regulars can be rritating and falming-worthy... but please know that I tried duing my due dilligence searching the archive and stickies first....and yes, Im new to the forum.
US Army Aviation Retired (E-7)
• Case: Lian-Li PC-A7110 (By far, I couldn't make a better case if I could design it myself Hot-Swap RAID Tower (7 locking Bays with 2 120mm fans on each side of the RAID Tower) 2x PSU Mounting bays, and expansion for an additional 3 HDDs if necessary• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880A-UD3H
• CPU: Phenom II 1075T x6 Six Core Thuban Overclocked to 3.8Ghz (Thank You Artdriver for calling and walking me thru the process)
• RAM: 1600MHz Corsair Vengence 4x 4GB (16GB Total)
• Graphics: EVGA - GeForce GT 520 2GB GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card (Not the best, but good enough for what I need... Im not a gamer)
• Sound Card: HT Omega Claro + (Best sounds card I've EVER SEEN)
• Optical Drives: LG DVD-Multi Drive, Pioneer BluRay ROM, Sony DVD-Combo/RAM
• OS Hard Drives: 2x WD Raptor 10,000 RPM 100GB in RAID-0 (Recognized by system as 200GB 20,000RPM Single Drive)
• Storage Drives: 8x 1.5TB 7200 RPM HDDs