Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motherboard hunting

segageo64 is offline Junior Member

amd_man2005 is offline Senior Member

it should be okay, as long as ya arent planning on oc'in any, as i believe that Biostars do not have any oc'in options

minibubba is offline SPENT, time to move on

it depends on your intentions. If you are any kind of an enthusiast then it's not a mobo you want to have...but if you're just going to use it in a typical desktop setting then it should be fine
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    it depends on your intentions. If you are any kind of an enthusiast then it's not a mobo you want to have...but if you're just going to use it in a typical desktop setting then it should be fine

It'll be used for my #2 best gaming system. I'm not real interested in fancy stuff for this one, and doubt I'll need to overclock anything right now, I just want plenty of speed to play all current 3D games at 1024x768 with ease. I'll be sticking in a p4 2.4 ghz cpu, ATI Radeon 9800 pro or an ATI radeon 9500 pro for video, 160 gb maxtor harddrive (8 meg buffer), 512 mb 2700 333mhz ram, and I'll be running Windows XP Pro on it. I'm hoping it's enough to do the job but I've never used this type of motherboard chipset before so I'm going out on a limb here.

minibubba is offline SPENT, time to move on

sounds like you are putting some good hardware together...you really ought to look into a beter mobo to support it all

biostar makes low quality OEM boards and I'm afraid you will be sorely disapointed with it
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    sounds like you are putting some good hardware together...you really ought to look into a beter mobo to support it all

biostar makes low quality OEM boards and I'm afraid you will be sorely disapointed with it
    Why do you think I'll be disappointed? Have you had previous experience with this type of board?

The only reason I'm using that stuff in it is becuase I have it onhand and I just want a mobo to get the job done. I figure if I don't like the board I'm only out $57, but I hope it suffices, I'm sure it'll beat the complete and total junk that companies like Sony, HP, and Dell are dumping into their mid to high-end systems nowdays.

Trust us man, with those components, you wanna buy a halfway decent mobo, not some cheapo one thats gonna hold them all back

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Trust us man, with those components, you wanna buy a halfway decent mobo, not some cheapo one thats gonna hold them all back
    How is it going to hold everything back? It has everything I need. 8X AGP, supports my processor and RAM plus plenty of room to grow. What else is needed?

Thats what alot of people think when theyre gettin an ECS, PCChips, or BIostar. BUt when in reality, you can get much better, for not much more money

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Thats what alot of people think when theyre gettin an ECS, PCChips, or BIostar. BUt when in reality, you can get much better, for not much more money

Like what? Links please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information