Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Which heatsink+fan?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Heatsink+fan?

Flash is offline Junior Member

i cannot decide which hsf to get. it will be on an epox 8kha+ board with an XP1800-will be overclocked. the alpha site says that the pal is compatible with the board, but it will touch other components, maybe damaging them...:o
    does anyone have any suggestions?

Wiggo is offline Senior Member

I can vouch for the Volcano 7+ with running a 1800+ @ 2000+ on a 8KHA+ board very well. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

chisholm is offline Senior Member

yea the volcano 7+ would proabably be the best choice....or you could get an thermalrite AX7 which performs about the same but looks much better(in my opinion)....or if u wanna be really crazy like me....u can buy the mofo of a HSF Swiftech mcx462:afro: ...and whack a 69cfm delta on top.....even MY ears can't cope woth the 80cfm
    :cheers:

chisholm is offline Senior Member

btw it also depends if u plan to voltage mod....all 3 will perform much the same at 1.85 volts but crank up the the voltage to 2.2v and will see that the swiftech handles it better due to it's sheer heat-absorbing properties...gotta love that sexy beast:afro:

of course this was just one review i read and may not be tru but still....think of that sexy sandwich-thick shint copper base and those beautifully crafted hellicoid gleaming aluminum pins...*drool:cheers:

zeradul is offline Senior Member

IMO, heatsinks designed for performance MUST be solid copper. I would suggest something similar to a OCZ Gladiator, if you can find one on the market. If you don't know what it looks like do an image search on google for OCZ Gladiator

Beefy Guest

I've got an OCZ Gladiator myself (It goes under another name, but i can't remember...). However, if the Volcano 7+ is an option, go for this instead. It's much better than the OCZ....

Wiggo is offline Senior Member

Beffy a Powercooler PCH137 is what the OCZ Gladiator is for the simple fact that OCZ bought these and repackaged them with their name which is all any OCZ product is, someone else's product under an OCZ name. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Beefy Guest

fancy that happening.. < / sarcasm>

I knew it was a Powercooler something.. :D

smokie is offline Junior Member

If anyone is thinking of buying a heatsink/fan for a P4, don't buy a ZALMAN CNPS 5500Cu.

The main problem is the lack of it's cooling capacity, it just doesn't work because the main heatsink section of the 5500Cu is oval where the heatspreader on the Pentium 4 processor is square and is slightly larger than the base of the CNPS5500-Cu heatsink, so that means that parts of the heatspreader was left uncovered and that can result in hot/cold spots on the processor and thus reducing it's effectiveness. Not a good design at all.

Hope this helps someone not get caught like I did.

zeradul is offline Senior Member

Powercooler PCH137
    SWEET! So it's still on the market?????

Anyone have a source?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information