Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-P35-DS3 - what do the phase leds mean?

colejuk is offline Junior Member

Default GA-P35-DS3 - what do the phase leds mean?

Hi there,

I'm having problems with a ga-p35-ds3 motherboard after putting together a system for a friend. The specs are;

Core Duo 2.4ghz E2220, Geforce 9800gtx, 2gb ram, 250gb hdd, Antec neopower 650W PSU

Trouble is the thing won't turn on, the first three or so 'phase LEDs' by the RAM slots light up green, then there appears to be a yellow colour around 4, and red on the last ones. It's difficult to see exactly which leds are which colours because they light up only for a split second- then nothing.

I'm trying to find out what the LEDs mean, as they should tell me whats going wrong, but I can't seem to find it in the manual...

The chasis intrusion header has not been connected.

I've tried with 1 stick of ram, no luck.

The USB devices plugged in work, so there must be power running through the motherboard.

Maybe somebody here knows what each of the Phase LEDs indicate, so I can find out what the problem is.

Help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

HemiRick is offline Member

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3 - what do the phase leds mean?

All the LEDS tell you is how many phases of the 6 phase CPU power are in use....1 LED per phase.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Do you have a case speaker? That is the only way you will tell for sure, as said above the LED's are for power being used indication with DES software/hardware

Nothing to do with your error

What ram is this

And have you tried a older GFX card? Sounds like your card may not be putting out a signal but your board is running fine maybe since you are only seeing a few led's on and not all of them as they would be if you were in the bios or any of the boot screens before the system was running

Thanks for the help,

I can't get it to beep with the speaker header plugged in. The only response I get from turning on the power is a very brief flash of those LEDs, and thats it.

I'm using Corsair XMS2 ddr2 6400 1gb stick (I do plan to have 2 in, but I've been trying to get it to boot with 1 in case that was somehow related to the problem). Unless I'm mistaken, that RAM is on the compatibility list on the gigabyte site.

I also know the RAM works because it's taken directly from a working system.

Are you using a case speaker, it plugs into the same spot as your HD LED and Power switch, you WILL hear a beep for a failure or not

I suspect you are thinking the beep may come out of your normal speakers, it wont

Yes, you are mistaken that is not on any list, but may work

Best thing for you to do is try to find some older or borrow some other DDR2 doesnt matter if it is generic or slow, just try some different stick

I'm using the system speaker- the one that only beeps, I've tried with both the case speaker and a separate speaker I had lying around- nothing.

I'll try and get some different RAM to test it with...

Just an update for anyone in a similar situation-

I've found the problem!

I tried it with an older PSU and it booted up, so it must be something wrong with the PSU- either the motherboard connection or the 4 pin cpu connection.

monday is offline Junior Member

Hi there,

My problem is kinda the same with this one, so I hope it is okay to post it in this thread.

My specs are:

Core Duo E8400, ATI HD 4850, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD and a 500W Silverstone Strider PSU.

My PC was quite new (3 months) and the problem occurs recently. When I try to boot the computer, all the Phase LED will lit up and just stuck there; there is no display coming out, not even the BIOS screen. After several attempt, the PC will boot up normally again but the problem reoccurs after I shut it down. Another thing that I notice was the 2 LED on the back of my GC was also lit up (which usually don't happen during boot).

I've already re-assemble my PC because to eliminate the loose connection possibilities. Anyone got any idea on this problem?

monday is offline Junior Member

Oops, forgot to mention. I'm using the GA-EP35-DS3 mobo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information