Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EP43-UD3L New Build - Fans Spin but No Post

maestromark is offline Junior Member

Default EP43-UD3L New Build - Fans Spin but No Post

I just started a new build for a friend with the EP43-UD3L every component is brand new. i can not get the board to post. I wanted to ask for a itemized list of things to check and eliminate to either get this board to post or RMA. I can get the power supply, heat sink fans and video card fan to spin up but no post or signal to the monitor. The memory and video card works perfectly in my computer. I made sure the CPU keying to install was correct. Need advice and guidance to get this to post. I am pretty sure if I get it to post I can take it from there. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Mark
    Last edited by maestromark; 12-05-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Intel Q8400 @ 3.33ghz @ 1.125v|Gigabyte EP43-UD3L F7|OCZ 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-800 CAS 4|Sapphire 5770 1gig DDR5 Video Card|4 Seagate 1TB SATA|PC and Power Cooling 510 ATX

R_Hollandtekk is offline Junior Member

Default Re: EP43-UD3L New Build - Fans Spin but No Post

Well, maestromark If these are the specs
    ntel e5200 @ 3.33ghz|Gigabyte EP43-UD3L F7|OCZ 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-800 CAS 4|Sapphire 3650 512meg DDR2 Video Card|Seagate 500GB SATA|PC and Power Cooling 510 ATX
    You might be able to get in to the bios with 1stick of ram instead of 4. Then we can add all 4 in once your stable. Does this help? We'd be more than glad to help you get started!
    Last edited by R_Hollandtekk; 12-06-2009 at 10:50 AM.

p45 ud3p 1.6 fb stable but fd fails or is it just my ocz incompatibility?!? This guy has problems uniquely similar to mine. I'm starting to think this ocz brand is just not that great. JR P45 driving me crazy!

MB Rev: ga-ep45-ud3p 1.6 Bios Ver: fd
    Cpu:E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB
    Ram:OCZ Reaper HPC 2x2GB DDR2 1066 Dual Channel Kit
    PSU:Antec EA500
    Chipset: Thermalright HR-05 SLI/IFX
    SB: TT Extreme Spirit II

Chike is offline Senior Member

I see BIOS F7 is used so you must have flashed it. Can you get into BIOS setup?

Please add a link to memory specs on OCZ site or at least model/part number to your signature.

Would it not post with all 4 memory sticks or not even with one or 2?

If you can post with one stick run memtest86+ on each of them (4-6 passes each) then one known good stick in each of the other slots, then 2 sticks in dual-channel mode in each pair of slots.

For all sticks you will need higher MCH Core, try 1.2v then 1.3v. Also set Performance Enhance to standard.

Check PC Health for applied memory voltage, set it manually according to specs if it is set too low.

EDIT: also set XMP(if you have this option) to disable for 4 DIMM configuration for now.
    Last edited by Chike; 12-05-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Gentlemen, this is "MY FRIENDS NEW BUILD I AM BUILDING FOR HIM". My build stated below which is 9 months old works perfectly We both have the same mother board and CPU but his other component choices are different then mine. So if you please can start from scratch on diagnosing the No Post but All Fans Spin question please as asked above.

So the question is I can not get HIS build to post but HS and RAM and Video Card fans spin up on pressing the power button but NO POST. I need a trouble shooting list to get HIS build to post and I can take it from there.

Mark
    Intel Q8400 @ 3.33ghz @ 1.125v|Gigabyte EP43-UD3L F7|OCZ 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-800 CAS 4|Sapphire 5770 1gig DDR5 Video Card|4 Seagate 1TB SATA|PC and Power Cooling 510 ATX

Out of the box minimal build for a start. You can put the board on it's box, a pice of cardboard. One stick of memory VGA card and the CPU, PS/2 keyboard preffered.
    Check the M/B and CPU socket for visible defects (broken capacitors, bent pins etc.)
    Make sure the CPU, VGA card and power connection are properly seated.
    Load optimized defaults if you manage to boot, save and try to add another stick.
    Since you have a working memory you can test with one of yours if his doesn't work.
    Then another VGA card/CPU/PSU.

What kind of case he has? Does it has standoffs to mount the M/B?
    Is there any signal from the VGA card?

Thanks for the reply. So its not needed to have it in the case with the case Power Switch wiring and what not attached to the board to get it to turn on the Motherboard or anything.

Mark

You will need the power switch connectedto turn it on.

So it would be easier to leave it in the case. I am sorry if I am not understanding you perfectly.

Mark

Taking it out eliminates posibility of shorts caused by the case, also make it easier to spot physical damages, if you are convinced there are none than leave it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Taking it out eliminates posibility of shorts caused by the case, also make it easier to spot physical damages, if you are convinced there are none than leave it in.
    Thanks for the reply your logic is sound. I will probably report back tomorrow on my findings. And we can go from there. I was just tired of messing with it hehe

Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information