Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird GA-EP43-UD3L Issues

ryan200 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Weird GA-EP43-UD3L Issues

well i say its unlikely the cpu unless one of the pegs is not actually through the motherboard ie if you lightly pull up on all corners of the heatsink no corners should move it should be solid.

i usually try to eliminate all possibilities.

i as much as you would like to say its not the psu and prove all those people wrong who always say you need a stronger psu to run a computer like that, but knowing that so many people say you should can you really deny the possibility that it could run your system before but is no longer providing the juice?

do you have a different video card to try just for the heck of it?

out of curiosity what are the specs of the rest of your system.

i had similar problems with a bad power supply once.

Reyes is offline Junior Member

[I did not read the all the article but in case this might help it is also possible the the motherboard only uses DD2 and not DD3 I think the maximum it supports is pc-9600 1200 MHZ. Try changing the Memory.]About 6 months ago I purchased and built a new machine parts included:

Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066
    BFG Tech BFGEGTX260896OCE GeForce GTX 260
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz
    Antec Basiq BP500U 500W PSU
    and Gigabye GA-EP43-UD3L

The system has been great for the past few months then all of a sudden last week I woke up to the machine continually restarting. Now when I turn it on, it will post and sometimes start up windows. After less than 5 minutes it will automatically restart and continually restart without posting. (the fans will stop, the "phase leds" will turn off, then everything turns back on and the process repeats)

I have played with removing the memory and re inserting it. I have dusted and cleaned the system. I have also reset the BIOS and removed the CPU and videocard just to see if reinserting hardware would fix it.

It will sometimes post and let me get into the BIOS for a few seconds if I let it sit for approx. 30 mins.

I am pretty sure there must be something wrong with the motherboard, but I wanted to see what you guys though before I tried to RMA it.[/QUOTE]

Reyes is offline Junior Member

I did not read the all the article but in case this might help it is also possible the the motherboard only uses DD2 and not DD3 I think the maximum it supports is pc-9600 1200 MHZ. Try changing the Memory.]About 6 months ago I purchased and built a new machine parts included:

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Do you have any other memory to test with, to be sure memory is not the issue?

Have you updated the BIOS to the latest, if not please do. And be sure you load and apply optimized defaults, then save/reboot F10 before coming back to the BIOS and making your needed changes such as disk settings or memory voltages.

If you still have issues, please post me your current full BIOS settings and I will see if I can help you figure out what is wrong, template in my signature for your settings.

Do you have a case speaker connected, if not please connect one and let us know of any error beeps you are receiving also.

JJrocket is offline Junior Member

Make sure your connections are correct. Try unplugging all connections then plugging them back in also when testing for problems only plug in the hard drive memory gpu and keyboard no need for anything else that might cause more complication. Also have you tried taking out the battery on the mobo putting it back in maybe its about to die. If possible its best to have a second system available so you can test out individual parts.
    Last edited by JJrocket; 04-15-2010 at 05:45 PM.

KakoNegro is offline Junior Member

Question Re: Weird GA-EP43-UD3L Issues

Am having the same problem. It shuts off and reboots. Sometimes when it reboots everything does except the heatsink. I have to manually shut off and turn it on to get it going.

My specs:
    MB: GA-EP43-UDEL
    CPU: Q6700
    DDR2: 4GB Super Talent
    GPU: 512MB 8800GTS
    PSU: OCZ 700W
    Heatsink: Asus Square EVO

It was working like a champ the last 2 1/2 months until last week. I updated the Bios F8, reset the CMOS, Formatted the HD, and still happening. I even open the heatsink to get the dusk off and nada mi amigo. It can happens when am playing, surfing and even just doing nada. Am behind a UPS and the monitor stays on when happens.

I don't want to go buy a heatsink because I just won on ebay a liquid cooling system.

Chike is online now Senior Member

@KakoNegro

Load optimized defaults, reboot, apply any changes you made in MIT and others, and run 6+ passes of memtest86+, If you are getting errors try with one stick at a time, each in it's target slot. If one fail swap it with the other to make sure if it is the memory or the slot.

You can download memtest86+ from http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...30/#post284762

Exclamation Re: Weird GA-EP43-UD3L Issues

I did what you told me with the memory and did happen after an hour. But today I played and monitored the temp. it was 40/40C and for the MB and the CPU 34/40C. So probably it is a temp issue. But also shuts off/on when it is just on. "Just looking at the desktop" or browsing the web. And it still happens. Last night as I was reading your advice it turn off and rebooted.

Chike is online now Senior Member

Anything in system logs?

Exclamation Re: Weird GA-EP43-UD3L Issues

Nope, No errors messages.

But one thing I did this afternoon. grabbed 2 120mm fans and fan controller. So far the temp when up average 38-40C out of 40C. Where Gigabyte bracket it is set. But so far it hasn't turned off. Plus I haven't run the programs that u requested yet. Will do it tomorrow.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information