WITH fraps recording:
Posting this here in hopes of someone being able to help me fix this issue. specs:
gigabyte X58-UD3R SLI
I have been struggling to find a fix for stuttering that I have been experiencing in games and benchmarks. I went through a number of different drivers but none of them helped. Typing "GTX460 stutter" in google brings up a frightening amount of people having stutter problems with their GTX460's so I was hoping to find a fix but I didn't. I wanted to contact MSI to troubleshoot the problem and provide them proof of the stuttering and while recording with fraps it was fixed. It just makes no sense to me.
For an example, 3dmark11's second and third tests both stutter like crazy (the first one is fine for whatever reason), the FPS is very erratic shooting up and then plummeting down but as soon as I hit record with fraps the FPS stabilizes and the stutter is gone. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Google only showed a couple people saying the same thing.
Things that I have tried so far without success:
- Tried an old monitor.
- Disabled all CPU related power saving features in the bios and windows.
- Disabled Hyperthreading.
- Removed sound card and uninstalled its drivers to try using on-board audio.
- Reinstalled windows and along with it chipset/lan/sound card drivers.
- Reinstalled games and benchmarks.
- Tried old and current Nvidia drivers.
- Stress tested the GPU with kombustor and runs of 3dmark11 and vantage.
- Stress tested the CPU/RAM with IBT/OCCT/HCI memtest and prime95 blend at stock optimized defaults and at my 3.5Ghz normal overclock. (all passed)
- Ran DPC latency checker. (nothing over 500 while playing)
- Tried disabling and enabling 64 bit HPET.
- Ran chkdsk and an error check with HDtune on my hard drive.(no errors found with either test)
- Tried testing with Avast! free completely disabled and even tried with MSE instead.
- Replaced SATA cables and tried gigabyte sata ports instead of the normal and better ICH10R sata ports.
Recording with MSI afterburner also stablizes my FPS and completely fixes the stutter just like FRAPS does.
Another example from a couple others having this problem: Stutter issues in 80% of games - PC-Gaming - General
Another example: STAR WARS: The Old Republic - Running [FRAPS] Fixes the Warzone FPS Issue - Page 2
videos showing the second GPU test of 3dmark11:
WITHOUT fraps recording:
Last edited by Stutter; 05-14-2012 at 12:08 PM.
WITH fraps recording:
Which version of NVIDIA driver you installed? Maybe you can try the latest version driver 296.10, you can get it from NVIDIA website:
Drivers - GeForce
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)