Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ram issue with GA-990FXA-UD5 Board

snap2it66 is offline Junior Member

Post Ram issue with GA-990FXA-UD5 Board

Good morning,

I am getting the blue screen of death and everything seems to be pointing to memory. I am using Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB kit (8GBx2) DDR3-1600 1.5V 240-Pin UDIMM BLS2CP8G3D1609DS1S00.

After looking on the Gigabyte website and the small list I really cannot find what I am after. I need to honestly know which Ram I can use, 16Gig would be good. I really do not care which brand I use as long as it is the correct timing and clock speed. I would like to use 1600 speed preferably. I am not an over clocker so we should be good with whatever recommendations you come up with.

Thanks,

Bob

Brechan is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Ram issue with GA-990FXA-UD5 Board

After a (very quick) search; I found the "Qualified Vendors List" for memory that's supported on your particular board, here's the link: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...990fxa-ud5.pdf. Personally, I try to use whatever is on the list...just to be sure.

Could also be an issue with the BIOS, have you flashed to the latest?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    AMD Phenom II 965 BE, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX, Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, Corsair Force GT Series SSD (120GB), WD VelociRaptor 300GB, HIS Radeon HD7950, NZXT Switch 810, XSPC Raystorm AMD CPU block, XSPC RX360, EK-DCP 4.0 pump, Windows 7 H.P. - 64 bit

Vinster is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Ram issue with GA-990FXA-UD5 Board

I cannot find that RAM on Crucials Site, the only Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB kit they have are BLS2KIT8G3D1609DS1S00... DDR3 upgrades from Crucial.com

now I did find your part number on amazon and other unknown to me sites... could it be knock-off ram? Happened to me with some Patriot memory about 3-4yrs back. Once I had Patriot Memory that I was able to find on their site it worked with my board (even while it wasn't on QVL) QVL is just actual RAM that they had the time to test.

on my 790FX board (HTPC / Home Server rig in my sig) I'm running 4x4GB of this Kingston memory @1600Mhz without any issues; HyperX red | Kingston Technology again not on the QVL but works just fine.

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win7 64 Bit
    CPU = i7-980X @ 3.8Ghz 166x23 cooled ba a Corsair H100
    Mem = 6GB 2000Mhz Kingston HyperX running at 2044Mhz @ 9-10-9-27-1T
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios - Dead Board
    MB = EVGA X58 Classified3
    GPU = 2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB in SLI
    HD = 3x Intel 40GB X25-V in Raid 0 (580MB Read/140MB Write)
    Storage = 500 GB WD
    PSU = Corwair TX950W
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2011 Virtual Machine with 8GB ram assigned for homer server with exchange
    CPU = AMD 1090T
    Mem = 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston RED Limited Edition running at 1600Mhz
    MB = Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5
    GPU- EVGA GT210
    HD = too many to count, but about 5TB of storage all together including backup
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Too embarrassed to mention.

Benching MB's... Asus P5Q and Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7... too many CPU's and RAM sticks to list. :)

Thread Information