Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Fresh Install X79-UD3 Mobo, EASYTUNE executes(ET6SC.EXE) then application closes

impact845 is offline Junior Member

Default (SOLVED)Fresh Install X79-UD3 Mobo, EASYTUNE executes((ET6SC.EXE) then application closes

Hi all.

I was wondering if you could help.
    The app doesn't load

I got a new build, FRESH INSTALL, all updates installed, all drivers downloaded and installed.#
    No antivirus or other rubbish installed, nada.

I run gigabytes software provided to do a really lazy OC. But it pops up in processes, the disappears.

Looking at Event Viewer I found that its falling over and generating an entry:

Faulting application name: GUI.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4f0fc8d2
    Faulting module name: Normal.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50499112
    Exception code: 0xc0000094
    Fault offset: 0x00041009
    Faulting process id: 0x13e4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc4aca35d07b3
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\ET6\GUI.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\ET6\Normal.dll
    Report Id: e9195ba1-309f-11e2-81ed-50e549e6c426

Now, most would say, redownload it, use removal tools etc etc, but I have been down that route AND reformatted 3 times (it only take about 10 mins).

I was thinking - Does it have any pre-reqs? eg: additional software that it depends on to eve load up?

I tried to register the dll but this didn't work :-(

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope someone has experience the same problem....

I have latest bios fw, and Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver 7.1.21, and latest chipset drivers.
    Last edited by impact845; 11-17-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Default Re: Fresh Install X79-UD3 Mobo, EASYTUNE executes(ET6SC.EXE) then application closes

UPDATE: Due to my own ignorance I discovered a patch folder after retracing my steps.

Easy Tune 6 IS reliant on microsoft visual c++ 2005 redistributable windows 7 x64 ( as I am running 64bit.)
    I also took the liberty to installing the SP1 of vcredist_x64 from M$ website.

My observations are that after installation the pc takes an additional 10 seconds to log in after password has been entered.
    The software needs a massive overhaul to fall inline with mainstream software so there are no dependancies.

I tried installing Windows 8 Pro with this board. It was awful. There is so much stuff that happened it would go off topic so bad.

I hope this may assist someone in the future.

wazza300 is online now Sloth Fratelli-Moderator

Default Re: Fresh Install X79-UD3 Mobo, EASYTUNE executes(ET6SC.EXE) then application closes

you can get all the latest drivers/software from here,most will be much newer than whats on gigabytes website

Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, & Stability Tools
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KayossZero is online now Junior Member

I have also noticed that Easy Tune 6 (I didn't test this on my old rig using a EP45-UD3P/WD HD, so it might be the same there) increases my boot up time by a hair, but since I'm using an SSD it's not a huge deal.

Thats for the links, I have have been using them. I have atm B21 1012.1 FOR EASYTUNE.

I did notice the Hiren disk, been looking for that from a decent server now that its legal.

Yea, I rememeber back in the day.

The easytune software does create a bit of a lag 7-10 seconds after password. I am using a the VERTEX 4 and it doesnt make a difference. I might see if I can see what driver is causing the lag, then see if I can change it priority.

Thanks for responses.

Vinster is offline Senior Member

For me on my GA-X58A-UD5 and my other AMD builds I had found that ET6 was slow and sometimes buggy when trying to execute changes in FSB. All it seemed good for was monitoring fan speeds and temps.

what I eneded up doing was removing ET6 and used other utilities that accomplished the same things.

for Temps I used HW Monitor, for Overclocking I used SetFSB (don't know if the x79 is supported though). Unfortunately then are using 2 applications instead of one, but neither of these applications require to start when windows start.

so if all you need is On-Demand monitoring or OC'ing on the fly then these may be of better use.

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win7 64 Bit
    CPU = i7-980X @ 3.8Ghz 166x23 cooled ba a Corsair H100
    Mem = 6GB 2000Mhz Kingston HyperX running at 2044Mhz @ 9-10-9-27-1T
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios - Dead Board
    MB = EVGA X58 Classified3
    GPU = 2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB in SLI
    HD = 3x Intel 40GB X25-V in Raid 0 (580MB Read/140MB Write)
    Storage = 500 GB WD
    PSU = Corwair TX950W
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2011 Virtual Machine with 8GB ram assigned for homer server with exchange
    CPU = AMD 1090T
    Mem = 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston RED Limited Edition running at 1600Mhz
    MB = Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5
    GPU- EVGA GT210
    HD = too many to count, but about 5TB of storage all together including backup
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Too embarrassed to mention.

Benching MB's... Asus P5Q and Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7... too many CPU's and RAM sticks to list. :)

Confirmed.

Revoming the software, the OC remained which is good. I would think that oncew the bios has saved it to a profile you can get shot.

My pc started running so much faster right away after the reboot (after removal).

God what a piece of "SHOBOX"that software is. These boards are not cheap ( ranging from £160 pounds to £300 pounds.)

Think they need to employ some "real!" software developers and sort it quick. If they made a profit of 53 MILLION this year alone, think they can fork out
    a couple grand - 100k+ for some good programmers.

So make sure you add the patches in the zip file ( Im surprised they didn't create a nice MSI package tbh) and scrap the zip DL
    Thanks for all your help people. Issue resolved.

Conners is offline Banned

Easy Tune 6 is a waste of time and effort. Always has (since P45 I know of) and most likely will always be as impact845 states.

Thread Information