CPU INIT MY COMP WONT STAY On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU INIT MY COMP WONT STAY On

Alright i went to clean my computer out the other day. once i put it ll back together and i went to turn it on it only stayed on for 1 sec then turned off. The lights and the fans turns on then of also. So i took it to Micro center and they said it maybe the motherboard since they put a psu tester on my psu and it said it was fine. So i bought the new crosshair am2 motherboard put it back together. on the back of the motherboard it said cpu init. so i go to turn iton it does the same crap which pisses me off. whats th problem on my computer it doesnt wantto stay on.PLZ HELP ME

amd x2 4800+
    2 7950gx2s sli
    ocz 700 watt gamerxtream psu

asus m2-crosshair<green>

Re: CPU INIT MY COMP WONT STAY On

Could be a few things that cause this but I've found that the most common cause is a short between the mainboard and the chassis. Try using some sort of fiber grommet under the mounting screws that attach the mainboard to your case.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

or you've dislodged your cpu fan (although that usually takes longer than 1 sec)
      http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

i got an ultra 700 watt psu for it and it still doesnt turn on unless i set it to 230 volts but nothing comes up on the screen. the rams led lights dont light up

Comment

OMFG!!!!!!!!!! DON'T EVER SET IT TO 230V!!!!!!! You most likely took some stuff out doing that...........
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

alright i hope it didnt do that because i am having the worst day now because of my comp and if that took more crap out iam throwing it out the window. Or iam also thinking of returning my new mobo and powersupply and getting intel e6600 cpu with this mobo http://www.microcenter.com/byos/byos...duct_id=256286
            do u think thats a good idea

Comment

do you guyz possibly think the ram can be causing this all if so then plz say. I dont think its possiblebut my friend does. So idk if i should get that processor

Comment

Could be almost anything at this stage, cpu, ram, video card .... after switching to 230v it could be everything including the new motherboard. You could try swapping the ram from another system to see if it helps.
                Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Yeah, you definitely need to get each part tested to see what is up.
                  GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                  AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                  PC P&C 500W PSU
                  2TB Seagate

Comment

i think i igured out the problem i tok out the processor and it turned on so i jus bought a amd fx 62 for 330 dollars which i dont know if it is a good price. i ll get back to u if it doesnt work.

Comment

alright i turns on now and stays on but the screen doesnt come on now the ram leds blink and the videocards seem to be running do u guyz know what else that can fix it

Comment

impulse shopping, gotta love it. =D
                        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                        SC: Audigy 2 zs
                        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

try your vid card in another computer, i have a feeling it is fried, even though it turns on.
                          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                          SC: Audigy 2 zs
                          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

i dropped it off at a place if its my video cards i will just die. i payed 1,250 dollars for them when they came out. I hope it isnt that.

Comment

Just promise us you'll never ever again touch that 110/230V switch. Believe me, I truly hope nothing got hurt or that something cheap got hurt, but switching that switch was the worst possible thing you could have done to your PC. That basically gives it double the voltage it is made to handle.

Good luck and hopefully something cheap died and you'll be back up again soon.
                              GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                              AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                              PC P&C 500W PSU
                              2TB Seagate

Comment

Working...
                              X