No announcement yet.

No signal to monitor, All 4 Phase LED lights on mobo light up and remain lit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No signal to monitor, All 4 Phase LED lights on mobo light up and remain lit

Hey guys, I built my first rig about 2 months ago, and everything has ran fine until now... Last night, I went to power on my computer and then my monitor. The monitor showed no connection, and after checking the connection from the computer to the monitor and everything checked out, I went down to look inside my Smilodon case.... It all looked normal (all fans were on, everything was connected in terms of power and otherwise, all my case and fan LED's were lit) and the only thing I noticed that was different was that all 4 Phase LED lights on my mobo were lit and remained lit, something like green, green, yellow, red. I have no case speaker, I think that is supposed to beep for problems? The only thing i've done to my BIOS since I first put together the computer was enable usb keyboards and usb mice yesterday morning, and everthing worked and ran great until my problem occurred last night...

My specs:

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9400 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (Built in video card)

Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8500

RAM: CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5

Any idea on what's the problem? I can't get into BIOS or anything, just no connection to monitor....
    Last edited by gtg1223; 03-01-2009, 08:50 AM.

Re: No signal to monitor, All 4 Phase LED lights on mobo light up and remain lit

I would say, try resetting the BOIS by shorting the BIOS reset jumper. You'll need to look in the manual to find out specifics for your board. I would then also remove the battery fro about 30min to an hour and then try to boot again.

Beyond that I am not sure what might be wrong. Do have a pc speaker from another computer? If it is giving an error code, that would be pretty benificial.

Performance-pcs.com has them, I know it doesn't help you out now, but it might help in the future.

Good Luck!

-Jason
    i7 3770K @ Stock for now F5 BIOS
    2 X 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
    2 X 240 GB SATA 3 SSD RAID 0
    Gigabyte Z77X-Up7
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified
    EVGA GTX 285 PhysX

Comment

Re: No signal to monitor, All 4 Phase LED lights on mobo light up and remain lit

Originally posted by Jsunn View Post
      I would say, try resetting the BOIS by shorting the BIOS reset jumper. You'll need to look in the manual to find out specifics for your board. I would then also remove the battery fro about 30min to an hour and then try to boot again.

Beyond that I am not sure what might be wrong. Do have a pc speaker from another computer? If it is giving an error code, that would be pretty benificial.

Performance-pcs.com has them, I know it doesn't help you out now, but it might help in the future.

Good Luck!

-Jason

Thanks for the input. I tried both, and still no luck. I am going to get a pc speaker soon so i can try to get an error code.

Comment

Do you have another PSU you could try? This sounds like it could be the PSU or the RAM. Try using each RAM stick seperately, maybe one died.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickel020 View Post
          Do you have another PSU you could try? This sounds like it could be the PSU or the RAM. Try using each RAM stick seperately, maybe one died.
          Yup! Plugged the first one in alone, did not work, then tried the second one and my comp booted up like normal! Wow...Corsair RAM lasting only two months?

Thanks alot man!

Comment

All RAM can fail, brand RAM fails less often, but it can fail like the worst no name RAM out there^^

Comment

Glad to see you found your issue, sorry to hear about your faulty ram. As said above it can and does happen with all brands, just less with brand names then generic

Did you ever check the applied voltage being put into the ram? Your board may be overvolting it if you are using AUTO

Comment

I have just come across this thread and have the exact same problem except with a GA-EP43-DS3 mobo.

I have tried both sticks of ram separately and it still does not post and the 4 phase lights stay on. I also do not have a pc speaker. lol.

Any other ideas as to what it may be?

Comment

Do you have other memory you can test with? If not try to find a friend to let you borrow a stick, or an older computer around your house that can take a stick from for testing.

Case speaker would be nice if you could find one, look in your older computers around the house and see if those have one you could use.

Did this just start happening, or is this a new build? Either way you could also try clearing the CMOS, my suggested method is in the second post of this thread

If this is a new build, be sure you have the monitor set to the way you are connecting the board (HDMI, DVI, ect)

Comment

It is not a new build about a year old I would say. It just randomly happend. I was having an evening of heavy gaming the night before. I shut down, went to sleep and then tried to boot up in the morning and this was what had happened.

I have tried booting with nothing connected whatsoever to see if it would work. I have tried my RAM in my wifes computer and found that even though she should have 6GB of ram she now only has 3.50 GB.

Although, I will probably try her RAM in my pc first to see if that really is the problem.

I havent tried resetting the BIOS via the jumper yet as Im not sure where the darned manual is.

Thanks so much for the reply though. Ill get back to you once I have tested the wife's RAM.

Comment

Test your memory one stick at a time in her machine, then you will have a better idea if one or more of your sticks are bad (Sounds like it). And yes, definitely try her memory in your PC

If you need the manual, and have the same board as the OP here, then the manual is here
                      GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-E7AUM-DS2H (rev. 1.0)

Comment

It was so odd...

1st) I tried both my sticks of RAM separately in my computer and on all 3 separate occasions:

A) Stick 1
                        B) Stick 2
                        C) Stick 1 and 2

it failed to boot.

Then I tried booting with my wifes ram, worked no problem. When I retried my ram in my pc only one stick booted. I cant understand why it didnt work the first time. Though I am happy that I still have use of the computer.

Thanks for all the help. Will keep tweaktown in mind and will log back on often to see if I can give back to the community as well.

Real good thing you guys got here.

Comment

So then, sounds like something is wrong with your set then right, was that what you concluded as well?

Did you test your ram in her pc and find the same issues as well, if so then it's bad for sure, if not then it may just be incompatible with this board or something odd like that.

Post back anytime man, we're always here :)

Comment

You can now enable the retroactive turret hard limit by enabling this setting in your game.ini under ShooterGameMode: bHardLimitTurretsInRange=True This will work on autoturrets, heavy turrets, tek turrets, plant turrets and is no longer map specific. The hard limit calculation is done on start-up, so if your turrets are ever over the limit, they will be randomly shut-off until you're under the limit. In order to restore shut off turrets, you must pick up any which exceed the number, as well as shut-off turrets and replace them in order for them to work. Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher
                            Last edited by nadhiler; 11-10-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X