Easy Tune 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Tune 6

Hopefully someone can give me some pointers here... OCing with easytune V6 but can't get stable past 3ghz

CPU: AMD 7750 Kuma stock 2.7ghz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H
    RAM: G. Skill DDR2 800mhz

Running vista ultimate x64bit

Also, does the auto load last overclock in easy tune not work? I have the option checked and it never loads on start up. Thanks for any help!!

Re: Easy Tune 6

I cannot really help with AMD Systems, but I can advise you to not use Easytune to overclock, it should all be done in the BIOS

What Model is your Ram and how much of it do you have, in what configuration? Should you be using more then 1.8V maybe?

As for your load/save Easytune question. You must have auto load last save on next reboot checked, and you must of course have always run on next reboot checked as well for it to run at startup.

If you are not the admin of your OS then you may need to make yourself an admin, not sure as I am always admin

If you would like to continue to try to use it please be sure you are using the latest BIOS for your board and the latest Version of Easytune >>>

BIOS
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-MA78GM-US2H (rev. 1.0)

Easytune 6
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

If you do flash your BIOS, do not use @BIOS. Use Qflash, here is a guide I wrote on how to use Qflash >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

If you would like some more help I can point you to some Forums with AMD Specific sections. Not trying to not offer you help or anything, I just have limited AMD Knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      I cannot really help with AMD Systems, but I can advise you to not use Easytune to overclock, it should all be done in the BIOS

What Model is your Ram and how much of it do you have, in what configuration? Should you be using more then 1.8V maybe?

As for your load/save Easytune question. You must have auto load last save on next reboot checked, and you must of course have always run on next reboot checked as well for it to run at startup.

If you are not the admin of your OS then you may need to make yourself an admin, not sure as I am always admin

If you would like to continue to try to use it please be sure you are using the latest BIOS for your board and the latest Version of Easytune >>>

BIOS
      GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-MA78GM-US2H (rev. 1.0)

Easytune 6
      GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

If you do flash your BIOS, do not use @BIOS. Use Qflash, here is a guide I wrote on how to use Qflash >>
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

If you would like some more help I can point you to some Forums with AMD Specific sections. Not trying to not offer you help or anything, I just have limited AMD Knowledge
      Thanks for replying

yea, everyone tells me not to use easytune and to use the bios. I just can't get the system stable even at 2.8 using the bious. I'm i'm always having to clear the cmos becuase it locks up after overclocking in the bios. Its driving me crazy ...

Comment

With core i7 does ET6 work well ?????????????????????

I never user it with my core i7 ,i do every thing in bios.

♥♥♥♥♥
        |~Prolima Megahalems~|VENOMOUS-X
        |~Core i7 950~|180*23=4140MHz@1.250v 24x7
        |~Gigabyte EX58UD5~|>EXt
        |~Kingston KHX2000C8D3T1K3/6GX~|1800MHz 7-7-6-20 72 1t @ 1.60v
        |~Zotac GTX470~|
        |~CM Storm SCOUT~|
        |~Seasonic M12D 850W~|
        |~BenQ E2200HD~|

Comment

Originally posted by prasrig View Post
          With core i7 does ET6 work well ?????????????????????

I never user it with my core i7 ,i do every thing in bios.

♥♥♥♥♥
          Ya, it works just fine in X58... For what us normal overclockers use it for. A small test of something here or there, or to check/change voltages, yes that all works fine. I am just glad to see CPU Tweaker now works with X58, if you did not know that then here is the latest beta that works now >>
          CPU-Tweaker v:1.1 beta2

As for using it in a "NON Overclocker" fashion to overclock, like with the buttons or how the OP is in this thread, I do not know as I have never used it like that in any syste.

Originally posted by Lizzy_Bam_Bam View Post
          Thanks for replying

yea, everyone tells me not to use easytune and to use the bios. I just can't get the system stable even at 2.8 using the bious. I'm i'm always having to clear the cmos becuase it locks up after overclocking in the bios. Its driving me crazy ...
          Well, I wish I could be of more help but I don't know much at all about AMD so I wouldn't be of much help in overclocking.

If you want I can link you to a few forums where users may be able to help you out, that is if you dont know of some already.

Yes I advise the same, you can test a thing or two with Easytune but best to use the BIOS. Set the BIOS to what the best you can get in easytune is, then come back to windows and try more with easytune from there if you need to. Then go back to the BIOS and do it all from there once you get going

Comment

Working...
          X