Problem with 16GB SATA SSD for Asus eeePC 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 16GB SATA SSD for Asus eeePC 900

I purchased a RCP-I-S7016-C - RunCore 16GB Pro 70mm SATA Mini PCIe Solid State Drive SSD for ASUS EEE PC 900 900A 901 S101, which is FAST, granted, but I have a couple of serious problems I need addresses...

1) the screw holes DONT LINE UP, I thought mini-pcie would be a standard, aparently someone wasn't paying attention? I can only get 1 screw in, and then only with the card on an angle, which isn't good enough

2) If I leave the SSD installed and power off the netbook I lose 10% of my battery charge per day, with the SSD out I lose none. ASUS has replaced the motherboard and battery, it still happens, but ONLY if the SSD is installed...

how can I get some answers?!?!?!?!?

Re: Problem with 16GB SATA SSD for Asus eeePC 900

hi dplouffe, for question 1, could you kindly help to upload a picture?
    well, I dont quite understand "the battery charge lost", could you describe it more clearly ? thanks man~

Comment

I power off the eeepc 900, say the battery showed 40% in windows
      the next day (24 hours or so) I boot it back up and it is showing 30%

over a few days it completely depletes the battery

if I remove the Runcore SSD it does NOT drain when I shutdown

ASUS has replaced the battery and the motherboard, and I am doing SHUTDOWN not Suspend/Sleep/etc...

I suspect the onboard USB port on the SSD Card, but don't see how I can do anything to it..

Comment

did you connect ssd with m/b through usb cable?

Comment

No, there isn't any way to do so, and I don't know why you would want to...

Comment

Working...
          X