Rimm vs Dimm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rimm vs Dimm

I'm new to the computer building deal. I was wondering if you can use Dimm compatible slots for Rimm memory? If not, what is a good motherboard that can support a Intel Duo Core processor, and overclock "compatible" with Rimm compatible slots?

Re: Rimm vs Dimm

Rimm memory is RDRAM and Dimm is DDR, so not sure what you are trying to find out?

Plenty of boards are great for a core Duo CPU, but none will support Rimm/RDRAM Memory

More specific about this memory is needed if that is not what you was asking

Comment

i7 3770k (1.6-4.2 GHz) / Hydro H100i / Asus P8Z77-V Premium / 16GB DDR3 2400 Team Group Xtreem Frostbite CL10 RAM / XFX 7990 / 250GB Sansung 840 Evo / 2 x 3TB Seagates in RAID-1 / 1TB Seagate for storage / Corsair HX750 / HAF932 / BenQ XL2411T monitor / CM Storm Trigger brown keyboard & Storm Recon mouse
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Despite having a GNVQ Intermediate and an AVCE Advanced in IT and ICT, I consider myself a noob with computers now as they are more advanced than I can deal with

Comment

Re: Rimm vs Dimm

Sup everyone?

I'm building a new computer and am in the process of picking a motherboard. The problem is I dont know what kind of ram I want. I heard mixed stories of both rimm and dimm. I was wondering if you could quickly list is a better choice or the ups and downs of each. Or you can send me a site which has a good review too. I dont know if this matters much but the computer I'm building is more of a gaming computer but I will be using it for college as well. Price is not a problem for me either. Thanks for your time guys!

Comment

i7 3770k (1.6-4.2 GHz) / Hydro H100i / Asus P8Z77-V Premium / 16GB DDR3 2400 Team Group Xtreem Frostbite CL10 RAM / XFX 7990 / 250GB Sansung 840 Evo / 2 x 3TB Seagates in RAID-1 / 1TB Seagate for storage / Corsair HX750 / HAF932 / BenQ XL2411T monitor / CM Storm Trigger brown keyboard & Storm Recon mouse
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Despite having a GNVQ Intermediate and an AVCE Advanced in IT and ICT, I consider myself a noob with computers now as they are more advanced than I can deal with

Comment

Working...
          X