X58A-UD7 w/ beta bios F7v - Verifying DMI pool boot up delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58A-UD7 w/ beta bios F7v - Verifying DMI pool boot up delay

I asked this question on the latest bios thread but I want to make sure I have the answer correctly.

I recently updated my X58A-UD7 system from F6 (latest release version) to F7v (latest bios version). I used Q-Flash. (I did not change any setting in Q-Flash having to do with DMI.) After loading Optimized Defaults, I had a blue screen error when Windows 7 was first trying to load. After shutting down and rebooting, Windows loaded successfully and system shows F7v bios being used.

Now my system is pausing during each boot up, with text stating that it is "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and a series of sequential dots displaying for about 15 seconds. The boot up then completes and Windows loads normally. This delay for DMI verification is new - it did not happen before this bios update.

One poster suggested that he was able to stop this DMI verification boot up delay by switching the boot device order so that his HDD was first. My HDD is not first, nor was it first with the old F6 bios which had no DMI verification delay.

Another poster said it is advisable but not necessary when using Q-Flash to change the setting so DMI data is not saved when updating the bios.

Can anyone comment on the reason for the DMI pool verification on boot up? Must the HDD be the first boot device in order to eliminate the long boot up delay? Should I reflash the bios and uncheck the setting in Q-Flash to save the DMI data? Or is there some other way to get rid of it?
    Last edited by ed1; 07-31-2010, 07:28 PM.

Re: X58A-UD7 w/ beta bios F7v - Verifying DMI pool boot up delay

have you tried unchecking keep dmi pool data just before re-flashing? tried setting hdd as first boot device?? only way to know if those things fix it is to try it,if not you may need to flash back to the official bios

your os hdd should be set as the first boot device anyway,no matter what bios version you use
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks again, wazza300.

Changing to HDD as first boot device does eliminate the DMI pool verification delay on boot up with F7v beta bios. Do you know why?

For normal computer usage, I have always set my boot device order in the bios as:

First: USB-HDD or USB-FDD
      Second: CD-ROM
      Third: HDD

I thought this was advisable so that if there was a boot failure or HDD or system crash and it was desired to boot from a device other than the normal HDD, it would be possible to boot without having first having had a chance to reset the boot order in the bios. Is this not correct?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

if you have hdd as first boot device and it failed it would try to boot from the next device in the boot list and so on,its probably scanning for the usb stick when its set to first boot device,thats why your seeing varifying dmi data
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

wazza300 (or anyone), do you know why it is only after I changed from F6 bios to F7v on the X58A-UD7 system that the DMI pool verification boot delay began.

I had the same boot device order (HDD third) with all prior bios versions and had no such delay.

Comment

if you have a USB-HDD or USB-FDD device plug or CD in rom drive at time of boot it will scan those first before booting from hard drive
            Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
            Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
            Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
            2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
            6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
            2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
            Ultra X4 1200 Watt
            Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
            Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
            Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
            Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

its probably just that bios version,maybe it wont do it with the next beta,use previous bios if its a problem
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

I'm using F7v on a UD7 and don't have this DMI pool bootup delay. Maybe a few second delay the first boot (since DMI was cleared upon flashing) but that's it.
                Raven RV03 / Gigabyte G1.Sniper / 990x / 12GB RAM / 3 x 580 GTX / 2 x 250GB 510 & 3 x 160GB X-25M Intel SSDs / Antec HCP 1200W

Comment

try to clear cmosor downgrade to the preivous ver
                  Last edited by gasan; 08-06-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I've never seen any board not have a Verifying DMI Pool Data ...... Message

Unless it's updating the DMI or something, it always verifies it before passing off to the OS. I see this on ALL Gigabyte boards I have setup here, and that I have used in the past.

Comment

Computer Hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data"
                      Last updated: 3/9/04

Q. During bootup my computer hangs at "Verifying DMI pool data." What is it and how do I fix it?

A. DMI or DesktopManagement Interface (pdf) is a layer of abstraction between system components and the software that manages them. The System Management BIOS (SMBIOS) is an extension of the Basic Input Output System (BIOS) that formulates and delivers this information to the operating system. The pool data is the information. In short, when the BIOS is "Verifying DMI pool data" it is verifying the table of data it sends to the operating system (Windows, etc.). If it isn't sucessful, it should return an error. Wait a reasonable period of time for it to finish. It may make take some time or it may be stuck. Possible fixes:

1. If you changed the hardware just before this problem occurred (e.g., installed a new hard disk drive), unchange it.

2. If you installed a new hard disk drive, set the motherboard CMOS Setup to Auto for the drive type. You may have to disconnect the drive first.

3. Enable "Reset Configuration Data" (may be "Force Update ESCD" in some CMOS Setuups) in the motherboard CMOS Setup PNP/PCI configuration. (Rebooting will automatically disabled it after it has done its thing.)

4. The CMOS may be corrupted. Clear it.

5. Disconnect all drives not required to boot the computer. If this fixes it, reconnect one at time.

6. The floppy drive may be bad or not connected properly.

7. Reseat all expansion boards.

8. Pull all boards not required to boot the computer.

Please see our Contact page if you have any comments or corrections that would make this article better. Please use our Forums if you need help with a computer or network problem

Comment

I have the same motherboard and exactly the same problem, with the same points sequential.

I have noticed that this happens when the first boot device selected is the CDROM.
                        If the first boot device is HDD it does not. Or if your HDD is selected before the CDROM option it does not occurs.

I suspect the optical recorder. I think it has a bug.

Because in the past... i have had problems starting bootable CDs that were not recognized as such and the recorder was mounted on another computer before.

My optical drive is an Asus DRW-2014 L1T firmware 1.02.

Comment

best test with another dvd drive,always set you os hdd as first boot device anyway,if no os is found or no hdd's are installed it will move on to the next device in the boot order and so on
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

I now have the F7 (non-beta) BIOS installed on my EX58A-UD7 system. The BIOS was loaded using Q-Flash with the option to delete DMI configuration selected.

The system behaves the same as the other posters' boards do. If the HDD is set as the first boot drive, there is no delay at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" during boot up. If other drives are set in the boot drive order prior to the HDD, a 15 second delay (with sequential dots displaying) occurs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" during boot up.

So, I can only conclude that this behavior is intended. It was introduced for some reason in the F7 beta bioses and is retained in the F7 release BIOS. Why - I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by GatoMichi1973 View Post
                              I have the same motherboard and exactly the same problem, with the same points sequential.

I have noticed that this happens when the first boot device selected is the CDROM.
                              If the first boot device is HDD it does not. Or if your HDD is selected before the CDROM option it does not occurs.

I suspect the optical recorder. I think it has a bug.

Because in the past... i have had problems starting bootable CDs that were not recognized as such and the recorder was mounted on another computer before.

My optical drive is an Asus DRW-2014 L1T firmware 1.02.
                              I have the same exact model DVD drive, without issues, so it may be your drive is faulty?

Comment

Working...
                              X