• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock P55 Deluxe3, problem with PCI Slot 2

I can't install Creative Audigy2 ZS - PCI soundcard, on PCI Slot #2
    BSOD during driver installation.
    The blue screen says: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
    Technical information: "STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000,0x0000001c,0x00000001,0x804FB02C)"
    No problem with PCI Slot #1, but I can't use 2nd PCIe to activate SLI.

Already dis-activated:
    1. OnBoard Audio
    2. OnBoard Serial/IR
    3. OnBoard Firewire
    4. Floppy Controller

Is it interrupt request level conflict ?
    Can it be fixed by BIOS update, or I have bad design mobo ?

Please HELP.......
    (and please don't suggest to use VIA VT2020 crap-distorted onboard sound)

MySystem:
    AsRock P55 Deluxe3 (Bios v1.50), Core i5 750, 2xPOV GTX260, 2x2GB DDR3, 850W Pure PSU
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    Last edited by Ferry; 09-22-2010, 04:20 AM.

Re: AsRock P55 Deluxe3, problem with PCI Slot 2

Anyone ?
    Sean C - ASRock TSD, could you help ?????

Comment

possibly the driver is incompatible with the motherboard OR try to clean the PCI slot...

Comment

Thats the problem..... it's only 2 slot PCI
        work on PCI #1 --- but not on PCI #2
        I have to clear PCI #1 for 2nd PCIe Graphics Card

Comment

No answer from ASRock Support Team ?
          Just simple question: why it's work on PCI Slot #1, but not Slot #2 ?

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED

PCI Slot #2 used IRQ (IRQ 22) same as VIA VT2020 Onboard Audio
            So, when VIA VT2020 has been disabled, then I can't use IRQ 22 as well...... thats suck !

AsRock TEAM please update P55 Deluxe3 BIOS;
            why do you share PCI Slot #2 with VIA VT2020 ??????
            whereas Floppy, Serial and InfraRed Port have their own IRQs ??????
            who are still working with Floppy, Serial and InfraRed these day ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Ferry View Post
              who are still working with Floppy, Serial and InfraRed these day ?????
              If you find those devices so useless, then yes, disabling them all in the BIOS to see if freeing up additional IRQs for plug and play functionality should have helped to alleviate your conflict, before having to physically relocate the card. I've had times before where a device such as a network card, audio device, or what have you would throw a big yellow "!" in Windows due to resource conflicts, only to realize I had accidentally left my BIOS on its default settings for enabled ports, devices, etc. One quick reboot to disable unnecessary functions and connectivity, save settings and exit the BIOS, boot to Windows, and voila! No more conflicts. After all, most PCI/PCIe-based devices are based around the "plug and play" concept of resources being distributed based upon availability and need. Granted, sometimes motherboard-level devices have them assigned manually to ensure compatability with other system-critical devices for startup, before the OS and drivers take over - hence the "fixed" tables.

Originally posted by Ferry View Post
              So, when VIA VT2020 has been disabled, then I can't use IRQ 22 as well...
              Typically disabling a device in the BIOS which has an affinity for a certain IRQ leaves that IRQ available for other devices (compared to forcing it to be enabled or leaving it on an "auto" setting, which would lead to it being held in reserve for that specific hardware). If disabling the device still prohibits the now-unused resources from being freed-up and available for other hardware, something is definitely fishy. I would go back and make sure it really *is* set to be disabled, and that settings didn't get lost somehow, and that the device isn't showing up in Windows as partially or fully installed.
              Last edited by JWK; 09-26-2010, 12:07 AM. Reason: blah, missed some details from original post, re-worded response accordingly

Comment

Working...
              X