E8400
    Gig Ep45 UD3R
    2x1 GB Kingston 1066 ddr2
    GTX 470
    1x WD 640 GB Blue
    650w Signature
    Lg 22x
    P182

So basically I bought a new windows 7 oem disk and wanted to have ahci mode, so I left ahci mode set in bios (that was the mode I used for my last setup) and ran the W7 setup.

The setup ran fine, however after restarting the computer would load list of devices and would only show my DVD player. . it would endlessly try to load the hard drive. I had to physically disconnect the hard drive just to get back into bios and change the mode to IDE. After that, the hard drive detected fine and windows loaded up.

Upon the successful installation of windows (changed to IDE mode), I tried the registry trick to manually start the ahci driver as seen here: GUIDE - Enabling AHCI mode AFTER Windows 7 Installation - Guru3D.com Forums

After restarting and changing the bios mode to AHCI, the computer gets stuck loading SATA devices again and can't boot into windows. .

Anyone know how I can get AHCI working? I'm confuddled because I've had it working before. .

Re: Cannot Load Windows 7 After Changing to AHCI frome IDE install

What port do you have your hard drive connected to?

You should connect it to the first Intel port SATAII_0 Yellow.

Then be sure you are setting AHCI at the top of Integrated Peripherals in the BIOS, not the bottom section.

Also be sure you are using the latest BIOS for best compatibility.

Comment

Working...
    X