• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P67A-UD3-B3 black screen on resume from hibernate after power loss

GA-P67A-UD3-B3 has the following problem:
    1. Put Win7 PC into hybrid sleep
    2. Disconnect from power
    3. Resume from sleep after power on displays "resuming Windows" screen, then freezes with black screen w/ blinking line cursor.
    Disabling onboard USB 3.0 controller BIOS setting appears to fix the problem, as described here:

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?action=printpage;topic=3866.0

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>Is there a BIOS firmware fix for this?</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

Re: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 black screen on resume from hibernate after power loss

Are you using latest bios? Look on tweaktown/gigabyte/latest beta bios and try latest beta to see if it fixes it,if not you can always flash back
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

if you are using CPU PLL overvoltage then that is why.

Comment

CPU PLL is set to the default: Auto.

Comment

I heard from my friend that he has obtained the F3 BIOS from Gigabyte because he has the same problem and the F3 BIOS could fix the S3 problem So plz just contact the Gigabyte for the F3 BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper530 View Post
            I heard from my friend that he has obtained the F3 BIOS from Gigabyte because he has the same problem and the F3 BIOS could fix the S3 problem So plz just contact the Gigabyte for the F3 BIOS.
            Ask your friend to send you the bios and upload it to

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Then anyone who needs it can download it
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There is F3b beta BIOS in the BIOS thread

Comment

Yes i've uploaded the F3 BIOS to this link: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Comment

F3 Final BIOS is also now posted in the main BIOS thread here.

I'm confused though, why are you removing power? If you unplug the PC the power will be drained, so S3 sleep can't work because the sleep state is stored in memory which would have to have power otherwise the sleep state will be lost.

There can't be any fix for this as it's not possible to keep things in memory without power.

Comment

Hey All,

Just letting you know I'm also experiencing this issue.

I'm on the F3 BIOS. The first F3 BIOS I downloaded from the Gigabyte Site, the second F3 BIOS was updated via @BIOS.

So can anyone confirm whether disabling CPU PLL or USB3 solves this? I currently have CPU PLL set to Auto.

Comment

CPU PLL only needs disable if you are using it to obtain a higher CPU multiplier, and thus you can't use that multiplier, because on resume it's disable so that is why it fails.

USB3 fix I have not seen mentioned much except above, but you can easily test that yourself by disabling it and testing.

Be sure you flash your backup BIOS to match the main BIOS, here is a guide on how that is done
                      GIGABYTE Tech Daily: Video guide how to update your backup bios on GIGABYTE P67 boards

Comment

I have exactly the same problem described in the first post, but with a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard (Windows 7 Ultimate x86). Excuse me if I missed something among the vast amount of threads that exist for this issue, but I gave up reading all of them because they all do not exactly match my problem. This thread is the one that is getting closest! But a solution still doesn't seem to exist, does it? Let me describe my (relevant) hardware first, because that's a short list: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard, USB wireless keyboard/touchpad (at USB2 port), SATA HDD. Maybe previous posters just haven't explicitly written, but for me all standby modes work perfectly, if they are configured to be active, even "Hybrid sleep" works - except when a power failure needs the - let me call it - "prepare-for-hibernate" feature of "Hybrid sleep". My BIOS is latest (F10) and I also tried some tipps I got in other threads (disabling this and that, USB3, Virtualization technology, ...) but the problem persists. Some people say that a certain Windows7 update starts off this misbehaviour but I didn't try this one out - before someone tells me that this and only this is the reason and how to overcome it without a reinstall and disabling of updates. Again, I think it's important that all power saving modes do work, because imho that makes hardware issues of any kind highly unlikely! There must be a difference of some kind between "regular hibernate" and "quasi hiberante" of "Hybrid standby". But which? Any ideas are welcome... best regards ako673de

Comment

I had the same problem for about a year with my ga-p67x-ud3 b3 board. It would frequently have a black screen on resume from s3 sleep, or often powercycle. This would happen on average of 2-3 times per week. I tried all sort of tricks. Finally I decided to do it systematically by changing 1 voltage setting pretty dramatically at a time and waiting to see if the problem resolves. Increasing CPU pll to 2.2 did not change this problem. Nor did dramatic increases in cpu voltage.

The problem was fixed by increasing system agent to above 1. At 1 the problem became extremely rare and at 1.1ish it completely went away. I recommend if you have sleep problems with an oced board of this type try a sizeable increase in system agent voltage to at least above 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburn74 View Post
                            I had the same problem for about a year with my ga-p67x-ud3 b3 board. It would frequently have a black screen on resume from s3 sleep, or often powercycle. This would happen on average of 2-3 times per week. I tried all sort of tricks. Finally I decided to do it systematically by changing 1 voltage setting pretty dramatically at a time and waiting to see if the problem resolves. Increasing CPU pll to 2.2 did not change this problem. Nor did dramatic increases in cpu voltage.

The problem was fixed by increasing system agent to above 1. At 1 the problem became extremely rare and at 1.1ish it completely went away. I recommend if you have sleep problems with an oced board of this type try a sizeable increase in system agent voltage to at least above 1
                            Ignore what I said. It doesn't work. The problem became rarer but still occurred and further advancements in system voltages didn't help. RAM voltages as well did not help.

I haven't had the problem in about a 2.5 months. I believe the major change was changing my option for PCI mode from auto to gen 1. This seems to make sense as the problem always appeared to be related to the video card somehow.

I recommend trying that. CHanging your pcie option to gen 1 and monitoring.

Comment

Working...
                            X