Uninstall Cyberlink MediaEspresso DeviceDetector.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall Cyberlink MediaEspresso DeviceDetector.exe

Hi I just installed the ASRock P67 Extreme Gen3, and made the mistake of using the Support CD to install drivers. I chose the drivers I wanted to install, but then it continued to install other items as well. I uninstalled them, including MediaEspresso, but Cyberlink MediaEspresso DeviceDetector.exe is still showing up as an item in Control Panel > Notification Area Icons.

Does anyone know how I can get completely rid of all the Cyberlink stuff? I ran CCleaner, but DeviceDetector.exe is stilling show up in the Notification Area Icons; also found via taskbar customization.

My satisfaction with the board was excellent right up to the moment icons started popping up on my clean desktop and I realized the disc was installing bloatware on my brand new OS. That seriously cheapened my overall experience.

Re: Uninstall Cyberlink MediaEspresso DeviceDetector.exe

I followed the instructions at the following link and it resolved the issue.

Clean Old Icons from Notification Area in Windows 7

From the intro to the instructions:

"The only annoying part of the Windows 7 notification area is that it retains older icons from older application too - from the programs that you uninstalled or removed ages ago. On top of that, there is no option given using which you can clean or reset those older icons. But there is a registry hack using which you can clean the old icons from the notification area."
    Last edited by greghouston; 08-21-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X