Asrock extreme3 770 no video signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock extreme3 770 no video signal

i'm still having the same issue intermittently occuring: "no video signal". After relpacing the asrock extreme3 770 with another new asrock extreme3 770 through a newegg rma. Holding the power button down and restarting fixes the issue until it shows up the next time. When it happens the hdd activity light indicates a normal boot ssequence. All the fans including the cpu fan are spinning. The mobo lights are normal. In other words it appears to be a normal boot except there is no video signal. It does this with an hdmi cable to the monitor as well as with a dvi or vga cable. This issue has persisted after replacing the coolermaster ps 600 with another brand new one. I replaced the 955 cpu with another brand new one. I replaced the 5750 gpu card with a brand new 5770. i replaced the ddr3 ram with another brand with the same 1333 mhz (10666) 9-9-9-24 timings. i tried it with another brand of monitor (acer 23" hd led). I have tried reinstalling windows with only the latest amd graphics drivers, and asrock drivers. all my bios settings are default except as follows:1)advanced>storage confiuration>sata operation mode> ahci
    2) advanced >chipset configuration>primairy graphics adapter>pcie express
    3) boot>hard disk drives>disable (usb stick must be in before boot)
    *cpu fan under advanced is set by default to "cool n quiet"
    4) hardware monitor>cpu quiet fan>enabled >level set to 1
    i have the one usb jumper set to allow wake up from hybrid sleep.
    I HAVE NEVER TRIED ANY OC SETTINGS.
    the power supply is plugged into an apc 750g ups
    i have tried another new apc 550g also
    in essence i have replaced everything i can think of and "no video signal" is still intermittenly occuring.
    Is this some kind of known issue?
    Is it possible there is a bios setting setting that woulkd fix this?
    Please advise me with any possible ideas or settings to fix this troubling issue.

Re: Asrock extreme3 770 no video signal

This is a message of your LCD monitor. yes?
    If yes, you see it only on boot time or when running special programs or games. yes?

Comment

yes. upon startup or restart.

Comment

Your LCD monitor does not support the video mode of boot time's screen. If it is very important for you to see that screen, try other monitors or use a CRT monitor!
        Also you may wonder why there wasn't such issue with your previous computer. Answer is: before loading of video driver by the OS, the graphic card adjusts the video mode (resolution and refresh rate) by itself, and different cards are slightly different. This means that changing your graphic card also can solve the problem. You have to test several cards to see if some works or not.
        Is your monitor an LCD/LED TV?

Comment

thanks for answering. this all seems odd to me. the monitor Newegg.com - ASUS VH232H Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 w/Speakers & HDMI is one of the highest rated on newegg and not one reviewer has this problem. an internet search finds very little trouble for that monitor as well. i tried a gigabyte 5757 and an ati 5770 and both did it. i can't afford to keep buying graphics cards and shelving them. i have no old monitors to try. gee, new monitors and main stream hardware should work, yes?
          Last edited by lancemay; 09-06-2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Dear lancemay,

Due to we don't have the same monitor ASUS VH232H, we use ASUS VH242H to do the test with 770 Extreme3.
            System can work normally and we cannot see the symptom.
            Below is our test configuration,
            CPU: Phenom x4 955
            Memory: Kingmax DDR3-1333 4GBx2
            VGA card: ASUS HD5750
            BIOS: P1.80

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
            1. Load BIOS default settings and only set SATA mode to [AHCI] to try.
            2. Update the latest BIOS P1.80 from below link to try.
            Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > 770 Extreme3 > Download
            3. Please remove the add-on VGA card and then connect your monitor to onboard graghic to check whether the symptom still occur.
            4. If possible, please change another monitor to check whether the symptom still occur.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
            ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
              3. Please remove the add-on VGA card and then connect your monitor to onboard graghic to check whether the symptom still occur.
              This board (770 Extreme3) has no on-board vga.

It is also possible to change windows default splash screen, however I don't know how much useful it is. Search google to see how.

Comment

no onboard graphics with this board. seems like you might know that if you are a troubleshooting tech. i still need help.

Comment

Originally posted by lancemay View Post
                  no onboard graphics with this board. seems like you might know that if you are a troubleshooting tech. i still need help.
                  It is not an Asrock's product problem, as far as I know.
                  Even if you have a problem with an Asrock's motherboard, there is not too much chance to get it solved here. The TSD member here is not an asrock engineer and has very limited power to help. Some issues are reported by her/him (?) to engineering team and returns a solution in form of bios update; This is the best help and support we have seen sometimes in this forum. I evaluate their support a bit above average but not satisfiable.
                  On the other hand, your special problem is not so serious, as it occurs only on temporary boot screen. I would purchase a new (compatible) monitor for you if you could help me install windows 98 on my motherboard ;-)
                  Last edited by bahram_alinezhad; 09-07-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I apologize for bumping an old thread, but I have the same issue. I was wondering if their was any resolution.

My bios seems to stumble sometimes. In the startup process it the machine starts, but the monitor doesn't get the signal to come out of standby. I have to reset or pull the power plug in order to fix.

Comment

I had the same issue with the x79 Extreme3 with 2 EVGA GTX 550ti's in SLI, worked awesome for a week.
                      The one night.. "no video signal"
                      Tried everything that you tried and gave up, go a RMA and when I was disassembling to get it ready to
                      ship back, I found something that maybe causing it.

Not sure if your board has the same PCIe graphic card retention slot, but on mine it does not have
                      the typical spring loaded clip that locks when you press in your card. On mine, you have to physically
                      "slide" a lock over the backside of the videocard to lock it in. As a result, my cards were not seated properly,
                      they seemed to be, but it was a tight fit.
                      I sent the board back anyway and have a Extreme6/GB coming to replace it.
                      hope this helps.
                      UPDATE: Found the issue was not the Mobo, I had the same issue with the hew board, Extreme6, so I started bare,
                      Mobo, RAM, CPU, and Corsair H100, no HDD/SDD. Would not post but had power. Would stop @Dr.Debug code 60.
                      So I pulled all the ram, and installed one stick at a time in the A1 slot. If good, it would reach code A6? looking for HDD.
                      Found one bad, so left it out and was able to post/boot up, all is good now, waiting RMA on the one bad Stick.
                      Wish the Extreme3 had Dr.debug, would have saved me alot of hassle.
                      Last edited by Reepur; 05-06-2012, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X