No announcement yet.

XFastLan monitor in bottom right corner how to get rid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFastLan monitor in bottom right corner how to get rid?

How do you get rid of the Asrock XFastLan monitor in the bottom right corner of my Win 7 desktop? I have the Extreme4 Gen3 board and I just don't see the point of this monitor nor do I know what any of the graphs mean. I don't think it does a very good job of telling you what the features are.

Thanks for your help,

Jon

Re: XFastLan monitor in bottom right corner how to get rid?

look in control panel and uninstall a program,then un install it? if you dont want to you can click the arrow in the taskbar"show hidden items" then customize then select hide icon and notification,it will remove it from the taskbar but will still run in the background
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Wazza,

Sorry, just to give a bit of clarity, its not a taskbar item I'm trying to get rid of I think its actually a small monitor program utility that just hovers in the bottom right part of my desktop area just above where the taskbar icons are located.

I have included a screen dump below of the Asrock program I am trying to get rid of with the item circlued in red. I'd like it so that it doesn't run automatically and is either hidden or minimised, and doesn't load at startup. I just don't see the point to this item or understand what any of it means.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Asrock_XFastLan_Monitor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	751610

Thanks for your help,

John

Comment

Hi John-

The screen print of your desktop was helpful. It almost looks like a "desktop gadgets" option. Try right clicking on your desktop (select gadgets) and see if xfast usb is one of the gadget options. If it is you can easily delete the gadget but keep the xfast usb running in the background. I have xfast usb on my system running Win 7 64 bit but I do not have that screen like you do.

Comment

Tried right clicking it?any options to turn it off or not to start at windows start up? Look in the BIOS to see if there's any options to turn off fast LAN monitor,
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Just to clarify, I did not mean to "right click" the xfast usb window. Instead right click any open space on the desktop and select "gadgets". Another way to do the same thing: Select Start > type in "gadgets" then select "Desktop Gadgets". Now look and see if xfast usb is present.

Comment

It's not gadget. Just double-click that LAN monitoring screen and it will dissapear. It's an advanced program and if you don't understand it you can remove it if it annoys you or download smaller skin(default skin is bigger that standard cFoss Speed skin)
              Last edited by Mladen Dvojković; 10-07-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Double clicking makes it disappear, and also right clicking the taskbar icon and selecting close windows makes it disappear too, but it will reappear when I restart windows. Is there a way to make it permanently disappear?

Comment

see the arrow pointing up in the taskbar? click it then look for the program in the list and choose hide notifications and icon,and it will hide it perminantly

Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

If you want to remove it, open Control Panel then Programs and Features and scroll down to XFast LAN. Right click on it and choose uninstall.

Comment

Originally posted by john10001 View Post
                      How do you get rid of the Asrock XFastLan monitor in the bottom right corner of my Win 7 desktop? I have the Extreme4 Gen3 board and I just don't see the point of this monitor nor do I know what any of the graphs mean. I don't think it does a very good job of telling you what the features are.

Thanks for your help,

Jon
                      You can deactivate the cFosSpeed status window by right-clicking on it and then select the following context menu options: window settings -> <your network adapter>. Then deactivate "auto-open/auto-hide".

source : Metro Skin - Internet-Accelerator + Ping optimizer - cFos Software

hope this helps you or others searching for a solution to this annoyance - not sure if the tool is good or bad but it hasn't caused me any problems other than this pop up so i chose not to uninstall

Comment

Working...
                      X