This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Giveaway: Thecus N4100EVO low-energy NAS Server

Weekly Giveaway: Thecus N4100EVO low-energy NAS Server (Feb 20 - Feb 27 2012)

This week we have teamed up with the folks over at Thecus who are giving away one of their N4100EVO NAS servers to a lucky winner.

Thecus is well known in the market for always putting innovative hardware and state of the art technology on the table for a fair price in order to guarantee our customers the best value. Thecus's new N4100EVO NAS offer a broad range of advanced features and differentiate themselves with low-energy hardware for those who place strong value on cutting down their electricity costs and carbon footprint. This cost-effective hardware is the first four-bay NAS on the market to feature the speedy and efficient dual-core Cavium CPU to get the quick transfer speeds necessary for large backups and heavy use. The N4100EVO is designed to change the way you run your office, at home or at work.

Dual Core CPU

The N4100EVO doesn't bust your budget and still has plenty of power to throw around. It integrates a Cavium dual-core processor, making file sharing, web hosting, and even heavy data backups easy and fast. This four bay NAS will also have 2 USB 2.0 ports for easy data backup to and from external hard drives and an LCD screen for more convenient administration.

Hardware RAID and the Powerful XOR Engine

The XOR Engine makes the N4100EVO the first SMB/home NAS on the market to use dedicated hardware to lighten the load of building RAID and free up the CPU to keep your NAS running fast. The N4100EVO embeds a dedicated XOR engine in order to speed up all RAID 5 computations and minimize one of the main drawbacks of RAID protection: rebuilding time!

A Well Rounded Software Bundle

It is important to give users the support and applications they need to take full advantage of storing and networking their data. That's why Thecus provides a lot of useful tools to be sure their NAS can be pushed to the fullest extent. If you feel you are a tinkerer, you can also develop your own modules and share them with the community.

- Thecus Firmware includes support for all the newest advances: XFS, 3TB HDD, SATAIII HDD, iSCSI, an open source module system, and more.
    - The powerful Acronis Backup software makes backups easy and keeps your data safe!
    - More than a dozen free modules are available on the Thecus website, including:

a. A download manager for BitTorrent, eMule and HTTP. You don't even need to switch on your computer!
    b. The brand new Piczza! photo server, which allows you to share your pictures with friends and family in a smart and easy-to-use interface.
    c. A Web Disk module to upload and download data simply and easily to and from your NAS.

How to win?

For your chance to win one, all you need to do is
    BECOME A TWEAKTOWN FAN on Facebook! You will also have to post on the fan page and say:

"I want to win the Thecus N4100EVO low-energy NAS Server at TweakTown!"

You will need to reply to this thread and say that you have become a fan and if you are selected, we will ask for your name to check our FB fan page.

Giveaway runs from today until Feb 27 2012 at 10:00pm GMT +8:00 - no entries will be taken into consideration after that time. If you are a winner, you will be asked to provide your full name, address and telephone number for shipping.

For this weekly prize, anyone in the world can enter! You don’t pay the shipping charges.
    Last edited by Mr.Tweak; 02-20-2012, 09:05 AM.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Re: Weekly Giveaway: Thecus N4100EVO low-energy NAS Server

long time fan, posted on facebook :)
    My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
    Whitey: ROG Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt, AMD 1090T @ 3.2GHz w. NZXT Havic 140, Corsair XMS3 1333 8GB kit, HIS IceQ X HD 6870, Corsair Force GT 120GB, OCZ Vertex4 256GB, Kingston SSDNow 16GB, Samsung 500GB 3½" in casedock when needed, Chieftec Nitro88+ 650W, NZXT H2 White, 3x Asus VS248 24"
    Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
    Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

Posted on facebook. :)

Comment

Posted on facebook. Thanks for the giveaway i hope i win because i already have ran out of space and would really need this.

Comment

Was already a fan! Posted on Facebook...hope I win!!

Comment

im a fan :)

Comment

posted on facebook, good luck everyone,we all want it :)

Comment

I posted also

Comment

done....
                  become a fan and post...
                  thx Tweektown for good giveaway....
                  XD

Comment

posted, shared and thanks for the chance!
                    AMD720BE unlocked to 3.2g, GB 770t-ud3p,mushkin silverline 8g,
                    Cooler Master HAF-X,V6GT,800wGold ps,

Comment

I've always wanted a NAS box.

Already a FAN, and posted on facebook.

Comment

I want to win the Thecus N4100EVO low-energy NAS Server at TweakTown!

Have been a Tweaktown fan on Facebook for some time. The perfect add-on to my ever expanding home network. Now my wife will not get confused on where to store files safely!

Comment

Already a fan...posted, shared, Liked.

"I want to win the Thecus N4100EVO low-energy NAS Server at TweakTown!"

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
                          ASUS Maximus Extreme Z
                          i7Core 2600k Sandy Bridge
                          Swiftech H20-X20 Edge HD
                          16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
                          (5) 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSDs
                          Evga GeForce GTX 580
                          Ultra X4 1600W PSU
                          Lite On BD Burner
                          ASUS CD/DVDRW
                          Creative XFi Titanium Fatal1ty Champ
                          Klipsch Pro Media 5.1
                          Ultra Aluminus Card Reader, eSATA, USB3.0
                          Drobo (4Bay) 6TB
                          Icy Dock (4Bay) 1.5TB
                          Logitech G19 Keyboard
                          Cyborg RAT-9 Mouse

Comment

Of course already a fan - the post has been made too now :)

/Kasper

Comment

I'm I fan. Posted and shared on facebook. Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                              X